Megasquirt Housing / Boxes - Ideas weblinks and help wanted !

It says IP55, but with a run of electrical tape around the edge when the lid is on, it's a solid water-proof, even if the lid warps in a few years.

Did you know there are clear fronted versions? Any alarm LED's or indicators are safe on the inside then.

I did look other "water proof" boxes but unless you are under water for weeks at a time IP55 would be fine also the size was just right. I didn't find one of the right size with a clear lid but I will keep looking.

Sitting here I guess those gel crystal bags are your best friend?

I've got a larger clear front enclosure on the van. I put latches on instead of screws, because I very rarely go in there, but when I do, it's always in a rush :) I like the ones that turn a quarter-turn to unlatch and have a couple about the place.

My dash-box one is even weirder, and has big plastic screws. If you undo two and leave two part way in, they act as a hinge. Never seen another like it, but it is neat !

The only time I've put electronics into water is on my robot fish. I went mad with that and milled an ally box with a bolt every 30mm and a gave it a 4mm lid with rubber gasket. I got carried away, as the box lives inside the waterproof body :blush: