What Have I Bought??????

Meatslicer

Hope you Military types can help with this one.

I bought a box of WMIK CES kit from withams, expecting some roll cage bars and weapons mounts etc, but have ended up with a collection of canvases and leads I cant identify.

Some of them I can use but there are a couple of large canvases I cant work out.

One is a newish nato green heavy duty canvas, long enough to cover a 110 but has a diagonal flap along each side which doesnt match any vehicles I know of. It has a velcro closure at the rear which lines up with the defender door but there are no attatchments at the front for the screen loops or pips.

The other one is a desert sand colour heavy duty canvas tent which has door flaps at either end, each flap has 6 buckle straps set on the outside, and a large zipped flap above the flap on one end big enough to act as another door. The whole tent thingy more that covers a 110 van and has elasticated lines running all around the base with hook attachments at the ends. I can post some photos later if anyone needs them to help identify them

In the box also were 2 heavy duty body bags(!) and 6 body blankets which are essentially green plastic tarps with cotton lining. Obviously essential for realism when doing up a military vehicle!

Oh and I have two tank jump leads going spare if anyones interested. Probably worth about £40 in scrap for the copper and brass fittings at each end. Free to anyone who has a tank they will fit and wants to collect them from South Wales or a donation to the site plus postage.

• 2 weeks later...

The best advice for buying anything from Withams, is go and see what they have, look in the boxes to work out what is exactly in there, the descriptions can be a little vague... it's a great place wander around, loads to look at...:)

cheers John.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard back from one of the manufacturers on the label of these canvases.

The nato green canvas is off a Military Husky, its the cover for the cargo tub. I have a desert sand coloured radio dust cover for the Husky too. Definitely not WMIK parts.

Not too many Husky owners out there!

Eric