warning all defender owners in blighty

Gromit

Hehehe...

Does anyone in here claim to have a Land Rover that does not leak ?

I heard from a dealer that someome once took a Defender back and asked;

"I know it's a Land Rover and it will leak, can you see if you can sloew the leaks down somewhat please!"

:)

Just a warning to all LR owners in the UK, all that mad weather has arrived here in Ireland and is coming your way.

So remember to park all your beloved vehicles at an angle so all the rain that finds its way in, finds a way out. :ph34r:

it's here in Cornwall already, been gusting upto 35 knots all day & getting stronger.

Mine doesn't leak ....

providing I park it backwards down the drive :)

yep, I've to do the same. <_<

Weirdest one is the sunroof doesn't leak except when there's melting snow on it.

Now, HOW does melty snow penetrate the seals more than torrential rain :huh:

Was out driving at midnight last night, wind gusting to 60mph. Lots of debris and trees down. Driving with the windows down so I'd hear something falling on me :huh:

Jumping on the sunroof comments.....

Mine seems to store water around the inside of the sunroof and only leaks it into the cabin on the drivers side.... I feel this is something Mrs Freak has been working on....

Any suggestions how to seal the sunroof or it it just wise to take the glass out of the hole and get used to being wet ?

Neil

Weirdest one is the sunroof doesn't leak except when there's melting snow on it.

Now, HOW does melty snow penetrate the seals more than torrential rain huh.gif

Gromit

a guess

it snows because ambient tmep is obviously colder. it then warms up with direct sunlight and starts to melt and leak through roof.

so therefore maybe the sunroof seals contract, loose suppleness in the cold there losing the seal. as the snow warms and melts it goes through that gap created by the reduced seal.

the seal wouldnt necessary warm up as the snow is insulating the vehicle/seal from sunlight until it has melted.

snow is a fantasitc insulator.

only my thoughts anyway

no idea where the tubes are tbh. as far as i aware they run from the rubberseal around the glass & off down inside the bodywork somewhere. couldnt even guess where. mentioned it as ive heard they often block & cause the sunroof to leak.

i dont have a sunroof so never tried to understand in detail.

That'll be the roofrack off at some point as well then to get at the sunroof properly !

yep, I've got a rack on too, and am not ar53d removing it to sort the sunroof. I ran around the outside of it with clear silicon; a bodge I know, but it worked, and alot easier than taking it all to pieces.