Water Ingress

Pheonix

I know that water getting inside a Disco 2 Td5 is a common issue, however, both the sunroofs have been sealed with silicone by the previous owner some time back, but water is still getting in.

I have notice that after using a jet wash when washing the car and to trying and identify where the source is, I have found water on the rear parcel shelf, rear floor,/boot area (under the carpet) and front passenger seat. Seat is slightly wet on the edge closest to the door .

The rear door/tailgate has drops slightly when opening and can be heavy and stiff to close but does close ok, I think. Is it easy enough to re-align the door?

Have checked all the rubber seals and all seem ok.

Only thing I can think of is if the silicone used to seal the outside of the sunroof has began to disintegrated and is starting to let water in again. There is a damp smell inside the car at times and you can see condensation on the inside of the windows if the sun has been shinning. Can anyone offer advice on how to remove the silicone or offer a suitable product to help? Once remove would something like Tiger Seal do a better job?

Anyone else experience this issue and able to offer a solution or point me in the right direction of where the leak can be please, or offer a solution to stop this?

I would ultimately like to repair the sunroofs so they work again or am prepared to change these out for newer ones.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hi there

I had the same problem with mine drove me mad !!!

Thought it was sun roofs replaced seals (not to dear on ebay)on everything revealed back door glass was only

When I gave it a full respray I took the alpine windows out and seen the lips had rusted away!!

So might be worth alook there

Chris

Mine gets wet in the back due to the dropped rear door letting water past the top of the seal (the door ladder also deforms the seal letting water in), plus on the seats due to dodgy door top fit. All pretty common and easily checked if you run round the door shut with a pressure washer.