Defender Cat D or Cat C insurance write off. Buying info...?

Hi Guys,

I want a later defender than I have and was thinking along the lines of buying a damaged one, as I have installed a bulk head before I'm not to fussed about attempting a smashed up one...

So... Where do they get sold off from once the insurance company has paid out on them...?

Cheers,

Dave...

a phonecall to your current insurers might get more accurate info, if I was looking at doing similar, then only other place to start is at the salvage agents office & see if they would give the info of the company which wrote the vehicle off.

Have a look at the Copart website

I have had a look at the Copart web site, thanks for pointing me in their direction. There is a £50.00 membership fee.. Can't workout what other fees are payable if I was to actually bid & win a vehicle...?

Has anyone used with them...?

Dave..

I've used them in the past, basically works the same as any other car auction but the bidding is all done online.

If you want to bid and buy a car, there is a membership fee to pay which lasts for a year, If you win, there is a commission fee, and you may have to pay VAT depending on where the vehicle came from.

I think the commission info is on the website, if not if yougive them a call they will be helpfull.

Stuff that goes through copart usually comes through insurance companies, will often be burnt/smahed to bits/stolen or all the above. They don't check or guarantee anything, it's purely an arena for selling smashed metal so don't get involved if you're not confident and aren't completely happy you're doing the right thing.

Bidding can get pushed quite high sometimes as there are lots of overseas buyers bidding - doesn't matter to them if it has a cat C on it, they just fix it in poland and sell it on, so you need to be well aware of your cut off point.

Playing Devil's avocado:

On my mobile so can't see your profile/what vehicle you've got. Why exactly do you want a "later" Defender? There aren't many bits you can't upgrade to later spec with a bit of nouse.

I mention it because even rough/"fixer upper" Defender prices have gone through the roof recently. Might be cheaper to upgrade what you've got.

AHHHHHH !!! followed by a lot of swearing..!!!! I went with a company SALVAGESPAREFINDER.CO.UK... I have been Scammed for a King painful amount of money.. I have reported them to the police, trading standards..

If anyone on here has any ideas how I can get my money back please PM me... Or know of the above scum bag David Smith..aka. Darren Watson. I guess not his real name...

Cheers,

Dave..

thier domain name gives the following details (address may be thier website administrators):

Domain name:
salvagesparefinder.co.uk

Registrant:
Darren Watson

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 6376019)

Registrant's address:
DBH Tees Valley, Belasis Hall Technology Park
Coxwold Way
Billingham
Cleveland
TS23 4EA
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = LIVEDOMAINS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 18-Oct-2005
Expiry date: 18-Oct-2013
Last updated: 31-May-2012

Info from companies house gives following address:

Salvage Spare Finder Ltd Office 8 10 Buckhurst Road Bexhill-On-Sea East Sussex TN40 1QF Companies House
Registration Number: 6376019

Looking into this further, 'office 8, 10 buckhurst Road' is a residential flat.

Looks like there are many other web based companies (hundreds) operating out of there, all looking slightly dubious. Might be time to contact police.

One of the companies he's running is fixeasy handyman services - 01424 221841 and 07907 224507

Hi Guys,

I now know a lot more about this company, due to their promise to honour their 30x day refund policy. I will have to wait and see before posting anymore comments.... I will start a new thread once I have been reimbursed in full.. To sing their praises of course...

Cheers,

Dave..

Looking into this further, 'office 8, 10 buckhurst Road' is a residential flat.

Looks like there are many other web based companies (hundreds) operating out of there, all looking slightly dubious. Might be time to contact police.

One of the companies he's running is fixeasy handyman services - 01424 221841 and 07907 224507

Hi,

I am pretty sure the above company are nothing to do with the firm I am having to deal with... Best not speculate to much, we don't want this turning into a witch hunt..

Thanks,

db.