Bunfight

dollythelw

This may be daft but this IS the bunfight thread :D

If an HP24 will fit where an HP22 was, is it the same for an HP26? Can they be made to bolt to an LT230? Is this new transfer box completely different or does it share any bits of LT230?

Not as far as I know, old chap. The HP22 and 24 you're thinking about is the ZF4 HP22/4. However, you may be able to swap parts like clutchpacks. If you want to know that sort of thing it probably worth a word with Ashcrofts as they might know. FYI the ZF6 is also available in an HP30 spec :wub:

Jez, Audi powerpacks have been interesting me as well; they're engines are very nice and some will take serious tuning plus, as they're a transverse mouting and fairly compact, it'd make fitting one inside this vehicle I've got planned a little easier. I'm sure I was told by someone that there was a guy in Germany who'd come up with a piggyback ECU that allowed instant changes with full driver control on electronic ZFs. IIRC it was done for a track day Porche.

Oh, and one rather nice thing about Audi is DSG. Hmmmm one of the nicest gearboxes there is although AFAIK thestandard one doesn't have the capacity for big power. I know the Veyron uses one, which might just be man enough although, for some reason, none of the breakers I've spoken to have one :P

Audi = ££

Cosworth = Peanuts

:)

if anyone has a spare Audi 8 kicking about (preferably diesel) then feel free to make a donation to

Jez's Hobnob Collection The Baltic Wagon, The Lab, A Farm in the middle of nowhere, Hants :)

Very true :(

However, you know me, I have a thang for expensive engines.....

I think they call that thing a bank balance

mine is sadly whimpering in the corner :(

Join the club. At the moment other things need cash and time so the truck's taking a backseat for a month or 2 :( Rest assured normal chequebook activity will resume in the near future.

Audi = ££

if anyone has a spare Audi 8 kicking about (preferably diesel) then feel free to make a donation to

Jez's Hobnob Collection The Baltic Wagon, The Lab, A Farm in the middle of nowhere, Hants :)

Uh-huh Audi A8 diesels are like rocking horse poo. i've been keeping my eye open for months - i did find a VW 5.0 V10 tdi recently- a snip at £6k.

There was an S4 4.2 V8 on ebay last week- for the whole front end of the S4 he wanted 4k. You would be much better just buying an old A8 4.2 which can be had for £2.5k nowadays-might need to do the rings on these- which are around £90 a set- imagine getting a bill for 50 hours of labour at Stealership rates and parts of £90 to replafce the rings in a V8!

Guest diesel_jim

I reckon you should all use a 2.5 NAD and LT77, maybe an R380 if you're good boys.

plenty of torque, and i'll let you use a tirfor if you're lucky!!

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago I was offered a 740 bmw for a £1000 thats a cheep toy engine with all the bits.

my mate got a 4x4 5s BMW 3.0lt for £800 (mid 90's modle)

it had no history and was a mates dads companies just before the company liqudated I got a 55k mile LSE with a new engine for £1400.(I had known the car from new) I used it for two years as my everyday work car

There were some merc's as well

it was the director fleet of cars being sold off before the courts got them

all cash collection same day

that was in 2001.

Its all a case of right place at the right time..

and getting to the cars before the scrapies do.....I have mates in london that have bought P38's for hundreds to use the chasses of racers.