300TDi - front washer question

Hello All,

My Defender 300TDi washer jet plastic top has come off.

Not sure if it should come off or it has broken off!

When I push it back on it does not secure itself and I cannot see how it should fit back on.

Has it broken, or am I just being stupid on how it fits?

If a new one is required, how is it fitted?

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Jon

post-4323-0-37418100-1364903109_thumb.jpg

Or do as I did and jam an aquarium "t piece" into the hole where the jet has broke and fix 2 lengths of aquarium tubing to it (one per wiper arm). Then find a couple of Peugeot 405 spray bars and cable tie them to your existing arms.

These then spray 4 jets of water directly in front of each wiper blade.

Dont wish to hi-jack your thread, but on a similar issue- I have a TD5 -90 where I set up the washers to both be perfect on the middle of the front screen-- then after about a week one of them sprays underneath the wiper and the other one sprays over the top of the screen and hits the car following! or dribbles weakly and doesnt even reach the screen!! Funnily enuf the rear wiper never seems to mal-function, and the washer hits the rear screen plumb centre every time. Should I switch the rear washer for the front? LOL. Any remedies welcome.

if you only use just water in your squishers then you get mold growing in the tank which every so often ditatches and blocks a hole. Best thing to do is clean the tank and pipework, then always put some kind of detergent in the water, I've never had a problem.

Mav