NATO IRR paint data

Eightpot

I've always advised people to be really careful when sanding down ex military vehicles because of the dangers of breathing in dust from the IRR paint.

I sand down quite a lot of them myself and always take the necessary precautions, but it occured to me that I should really get to understand the specific dangers, as dust can still be left around the workshop, on clothes etc an I don't want to add any risk if something nasty might happen on skin contact, gettting into eyes etc etc

I've been searching for paint data sheets and hazard information on IRR paint, but so far haven't been able to find any actual warning about breathing in sanded dust particles or information on harmful compounds contained in the paint - the paint data sheets suggest a hazard from breathing in the mixed solvent fumes - zylene, butyyl acetate, ethylbenzine etc but no mention of anything else.

So has anyone got any information on what goes into this paint, and the effects and dangers of coming into contact with it when dried and turned to dust?

Think this would be a very useful thing to establish and understand properly given the amount of ex military vehicles handled modified and repainted by enthusiasts who may be unwittingly doing serious harm?