FR Window regulator snapped

Cronus

I fitted a cheap one from eBay last year and it's been fine so far. It's on the passenger side so doesn't get as much use as the driver's side.

Fitting is tricky as you have to get the cable run exactly right and there's a fair bit of tension in the cable when it's correct. The Haynes book covers the basics of getting the mechanism in and out of the door, but not much more than that. It's just a question of studying the old cable before you remove it and common sense.

I fitted a cheap one from eBay last year and it's been fine so far. It's on the passenger side so doesn't get as much use as the driver's side.

Fitting is tricky as you have to get the cable run exactly right and there's a fair bit of tension in the cable when it's correct. The Haynes book covers the basics of getting the mechanism in and out of the door, but not much more than that. It's just a question of studying the old cable before you remove it and common sense.

Cheers. I'll take plenty of pics and video's of the setup before I remove the original.

I went through two cable kits before resorting to a full genuine assembly (at non genuine price from eBay). To be fair the kits seemed Ok at first, but didn't last longer than week or so each.

In future I will just go for the replacement assembly - my time is worth more to me than the cost save.

Dave

• 5 months later...

I have fitted a couple of the stainless wire kits, when fitting it make sure the plastic cog that the cable runs on isn't chewed up as this is what caused the kit to fail on mine, I much prefer the idea of the stainless wire as the only reason the units fail is the original wires corrode either snapping or stands snapping and jamming in the sleeving.