ibex 300 build

• 1 year later...

For the first time in a year I got to spend a day on the ibex. It's currently stored at a friends but at some point I need to bring it home however it will be outside when it gets here. Cue a day spent getting it water tight. So windscreen in though I'm not happy with it I ordered an E marked laminated 6mm screen to my template..... 6 months later I got an E marked 4mm toughened screen so I'm going to fit it for the IVA then change it later. Next I fitted door seals they are the ones from the disco so not quite long enough but will do for now. Finally I fitted the door window frames I've glued them in on sikaflex so there's no fixings hopefully this will make it watertight.

20161106_151940.thumb.jpg.3dbe9eebbb4fac49ac3c162ca52b133f.jpg

Not sure when I'm likely get any more done but it's progress all the same.

Mike

Edited by miketomcat

The screen came via premier autoglaze but he sourced it elsewhere. The problem I had was I have to have the correct E Mark on the glass for the IVA otherwise I could of got it from any glaziers.

Arjan are you sure you can't get ibex there as I know foers build trucks for export to just about anywhere. Granted it would probably have to be a new build by foers but not the end of the world just more expensive.

Mike

The Ibex used to have a LR VIN No. and a few are around on that. Did a Carnet for one some time ago and that was on a 110 VIN no and looking outside my office it most def. wasn't...

These days they have their own VIN and I was talking to them about this a few months ago and as they don't have a French approval they'd either need to be IVA'd here -more than serious money - or a European approval. Also costly.

Oh well..

• 3 months later...

Finally it's coming home:

20170305_140225.jpg.7b9d2c86a2fa2f9220abe931e66d9f6a.jpg

The wife is doing a uni coarse so she's on her computer most nights so I pointed out in was bored. After a little persuasion she agreed I could bring it home.

Mike

PS it's definitely a land rover the weather was appalling today and yes I do have some leaks to sort.

Edited by miketomcat
  • Like 1

Not sure when I 'll be in Emsworth..
The coming weekend I'm doing a good old fashioned UK Raid : 2,100 miles in 71 hrs. with the 3-axle to retrieve a trailer (yes - that one) and some satellite dish domes..
But I have an invitation to come up to Northern Scotland to work some dogs late this year and Emsworth is the obviously a logical place to visit..

• 4 weeks later...

Not much done during the week but manged to squeeze an afternoon today. I've got the bonnet catch, safety and buffers fitted just need to ease the grill panel and sort a release cable. Also got the fan fitted and the washer bottle. Washers need the pump fitting to the bottle, jets fitting and plumbing up. So all in all a good afternoon.

Mike