ibex 300 build

IIRC rear fog light should switch off when Main beam headlights are switched on, my thinking is if forward visibilty is good enough for main beam use then rear fog light is not required to be on. 

my '89 110 I have to manually switch rear fog off, 

that's good progress, :i-m_so_happy:

According to the IVA manual rear fog light must only operate when dipped, main beam or front fog lights are in operation. Must extinguish when side lights are turned off and remain off when side lights are turned back on.

However what manufacturers, MOT and construction and use say isn't necessarily the same as IVA. This I found to be the case for SVA so it wouldn't surprise me for IVA.

Mike

• Like 1

They are from foers both inside and out but I believe they are JCB digger items. When I bought the body/chassis this was one of the many bits missing I did start to look for them but there is a few variants. So in the end just bought the correct ones for the door mounts from foers along with a pile of other missing parts.

Mike

PS post your rebuild up we all like watching others work.

Edited by miketomcat

So today I have a sore finger from cutting carpet with scissors.

20170820_124414.thumb.jpg.5867518384a935bbac1935315378611c.jpg

And glueing it on.

20170820_124430.thumb.jpg.5817dacbfd1bcfac3b97a8bfcbb39e95.jpg

20170820_143054.thumb.jpg.ea69c164cbdc639d9d7dda5d2291496e.jpg

That's the front done the tunnel was a pig I wish I'd made it flat now. The tunnel will probably get a cubby box of some sort later so I'll be able to hide the not so great bits. Hopefully tomorrow evening I can finish the rear foot well.

Mike

With regards to the fog lights I agree that the method you describe should get through the IVA.

There are other ways too judging by the IVA forum on locost builders. As I understand it you can do a simple switch if only on with the mains or dipped, and I think there is a way to use a buzzer that allows you to have a latching switch that adds 'if the front fog lights are on' to the list of permitted on states without needing latching relays or an electronic modules.

Not much point to locking out fogs if mains are on. Shouldn't have mains on if people are coming the other way anyway and you'd need to ensure they don't  cut out when you flash your lights rather than simply select mains.

Edited by WesBrooks

Yeah, I've been making life awkward for myself by wanting toggles, but not wanting to use much electronics that weren't open sourced.

Little concerned my LED lights probably don't have much in the way of protective design, but that's another topic!

On 25/08/2017 at 9:20 AM, daveturnbull said:

Mike,

What type of fasteners did you use to hold on your trim panels (both hidden and exposed)?

The panels in the back are machine screws through into the frame behind. The main cabin has two screws either side of the roll bar the rest is either trapped, fixed with something else ie grab handles or glued in place with sikaflex.

Mike

• 4 months later...

It transpires that this year is the 30th anniversary of ibex so I best get it on the road then! So in that vein I did a little today. I've fitted the rear door panel, I do have two of these one is just ply full height with carpet on the other is fibreglass and only half height. The full height is fitted with machine screws into the frame. The half height is I case I have to put a rear window in for the IVA so fingers crossed they let the current one through. Also got the rear seatbelts fitted nothing tricky here as the mounts are part of the frame so just find the holes under the linings and bolt them in.

Mike