ibex 300 build

I think you can drive to the IVA, but understand wanting to get it sorted before and many choose to trailer their builds for fear of a mechanical issue making them miss their ~£500 test.

Driving to is confusing for the local plod though and if you decide to do ot drop them a curtosy note as you'll be legaly driving with no licence plates as your reg number is only asigned post IVA!

When I did the  SVA I drove it, there and back

Just had with me insurance, an MOT cert to prove it was road worthy (not sure if you can do this now with it being electronic), copies of all the paperwork showing it was booked in, receipts for all the  major components) just in case I was stopped bearing in mind I had no number plate lol

I drove to the SVA on the old registration ( as in the donor car that I had driven for 3 years like that already).

But you can drive it without plates, provided you insured it on the VIN number.

Daan

I've double checked and yes I can drive to both an mot and an IVA provided it's prebooked and the vehicle is insured on it's chassis number. So mot booked for 8th may to set and check light aim, brakes and emissions plus a good look over to see if I've missed anything.

Mike

• Like 3

3 hours ago, miketomcat said:

Ross the lights are nas size but have a flat face they can be mounted from the front (bumper) or from behind (the rear). They came from bolt on bits.

Dave your more than welcome to join me.

Mike

They're the ones I bought a couple of years ago then 😊. End up with a much slimmer light than the normal NAS ones.

;)

20180508_175522.thumb.jpg.ce2c63dc48d0b8242e6665fc77cdca1c.jpg

Headlight adjusted.

Emissions ok.

Brakes work and even.

Need a new grommet for the fuel filler neck.

Need to remove the guide on the diff for the track bar as it rubs.

Other than that he said it was well built and passed it.

The other thing I spotted is the seat hits the seatbelt so need a stop in the runner.

Mike