If you value this forum's future please support us

I think you can drive to the IVA, but understand wanting to get it sorted before and many choose to trailer their builds for fear of a mechanical issue making them miss their ~£500 test.

Driving to is confusing for the local plod though and if you decide to do ot drop them a curtosy note as you'll be legaly driving with no licence plates as your reg number is only asigned post IVA!

When I did the  SVA I drove it, there and back

Just had with me insurance, an MOT cert to prove it was road worthy (not sure if you can do this now with it being electronic), copies of all the paperwork showing it was booked in, receipts for all the  major components) just in case I was stopped bearing in mind I had no number plate lol

I think you can drive to the IVA.... Well, that was what my research told me.

I drove my buggy to it's sva as others have said. But the IVA paperwork implies it must be trailered. Where you stand legally I don't know but you still can't test it on the roads.

Mike

I drove to the SVA on the old registration ( as in the donor car that I had driven for 3 years like that already).

But you can drive it without plates, provided you insured it on the VIN number.

Daan

Just now, Daan said:

I drove to the SVA on the old registration ( as in the donor car that I had driven for 3 years like that already).

But you can drive it without plates, provided you insured it on the VIN number is how I understood the rules.

Daan