ibex 300 build

To be honest the examiner told me to complain anyway so if nothing else it may get his point across. I'm not looking for compensation (though it would be nice). I just think we don't complain properly in this country therefore nothing changes.

Mike

If you don't tell them you're not impressed the way things were organized, you have very little to to say.

I make a point in telling when I'm happy - or not too happy when using a service.

Bon Courage !

The good news is I'm pretty sure I know what the problem with the heater fan was. The bad news is when I put the fan direct across a battery to test it the smoke got out....... so has anyone got one going cheap and local. Failing that I might try a freelander 2 blower as they spin the same way as defender (unlike most blowers) and they are around £20 S/H. A defender one on the other hand only seem to be new and between £50 and £150.

Mike

There's one (possibly more) in the shed which I haven't used (or tested) yet if you want it. Also (I'm sure but haven't checked) the plastic bodied snail you donated to me some time back. And I've got a puma fan inbound for a little plan I'm hatching...

Thanks will come have a rumage. I looked at the puma blowers but they spin the opposite direction so you need the snail as well. Interestingly in all the blowers I looked at they all looked basicly the same. The fan part look identical across the board (apart from most being opposite rotation) and the motors look to be similar size just plastic.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Well long day again as even though the test wasn't till 12.30 we left at 7 to avoid the worst of the rush hour. Got called in ready for the emissions test at this point we told him there is no way it will get to running temperature sat at tick over. So he was persuaded to drive it round to check the steering and other bits. This led to the reversing light flickering TSD did point this out last time but I forgot. Then after working out it wasn't a petrol and what setting to put the machine on the test was complete. Followed by the comment if you go over there and fix the reversing light.

So 5 mins later I had an IVA pass sheet in my hand. :wub: loaded up and now home. Just some paperwork to complete then the wait for a registration number.

Mike

• Like 3