ibex 300 build

• 1 month later...

Today I've got the snorkel fitted. It's a defender mantec item so required so alterations. To cope with the different angle of the A pillar I've made a plastic block to angle the tube out by about 20°. As for where it enters the wing this required a 25mm spacer. I've made up a fibreglass spacer/inside tube arrangement but this needs cutting down as it's fouling the wing frame at the moment.

20190328_073231.thumb.jpg.076cd63f4c6806439e6d98aac68a92c8.jpg

Start of hole in the wing (sorry my phone has decided not to focus any more).

20190329_074643.thumb.jpg.dc70bdc94259c44b944dfdc628fb5d3f.jpg

It's not connected inside yet as I need to order some hose but I'm happy with the look.

Mike

• Like 1

There is a bit of a gap behind the lower section between the spacer and flexi section. It does look a little odd from some angles but I'll live with that.

Inside is going to be very tight getting up between the wing and bulkhead then over the top of the heater. I feel some silicone 90° bends coming on.

Mike

54 minutes ago, daveturnbull said:

Wheel arch to mudflap extension bracket wotsits.

You need to get out more. Spot on :rofl:. Although there'll be no mud flaps here.

There is a gap between the foot well and A panel. Therefore all the carp off the tyre gets fired straight up there and dumped on the heater and master fuse box.

Mike

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

MOT passed today although I did have to do two track rod ends and the A frame bushes beforehand.

I'm trying to decide whether to put the spare wheel on the back door. It's currently inside which takes up a lot of room. Another option was some sort of draw for it where it drops out of the bottom.

The other project is some sort of roof bars but I want them low profile. I did toy with some D3/4 rails but I need 2.2m

Mike

Put the spare on the bonnet, you know it makes sense! :ph34r:

Bonnet_spare_sm.jpg

ref the roof bars - I like the ali tracking that TSD has on the roof of his, I've got the same in the back of the 109 and might have a length of it kicking around... ;)

I would like to do some sort of roll cage based affair similar to your 109 but alas that's beyond my means at the moment. I have been looking at rexroth and cargo track but just can't fix a definite idea in my mind. I guess I haven't quite seen what I want yet. Maybe I just need to get some tube bent.

Mike

It's the roof part that I'm struggling with the bars are no problem. I guess it's down to time, cost and look. What I really want is similar to this.

IMAG0331.thumb.jpg.b306dccab271cacfe01a9f3174b1fc84.jpg

But mounted to the roof (there's structure to bolt to) not the gutter.

Mike

Finally got round to replacing the hose clips with dislocation cones it seem foers rear spring seats can take both 6 and 7 inch springs which means the disco/90 cones TSD gave me fit straight in.

20190511_121519.thumb.jpg.30844603c9109bc9d8468577299b8e4c.jpg

I'll test them tomorrow.

On another note looks like if I want the spare wheel on the back I'll need a swing away as it would sit over the door handle to allow the door to open to 90°.I guess it's staying inside for now. When I drop to 33's I may revisit this as I could stand a 33 up on the wheel arch inside or I might go the draw route.....decisions.

Mike

Today's trials.

20190512_112837.thumb.jpg.cdf6604a6827381572a00e68a4361faa.jpg

20190512_112756.thumb.jpg.97ab2499699bb226ae385aa7a32da74b.jpg

20190512_112713.thumb.jpg.255d9dd4508f6987f231834c67075657.jpg

That's the spring nearly 2" out of the seat with the wheels still on the ground. It went back in no problem as well. Not bad for stock springs and arms, just +2" shocks. I actually had a good play today and I'm happy with the way it performs.

Mike

• Like 4