ibex 300 build

I don't blame the emergency services they were just dealing with an unknown substance that had knock someone out. However even the fireman said when he got there it was clearly not that bad and everyone needed to chill out. As for the dipstick driver if he had been more careful with the package, cleaned up the spill with the rag offered by my wife and ventilated or not stopped in a school entrance things would be different.

Mike

The coppers asked wife loads of questions about what I was doing and why I needed this paint. I think he was completely lost when she said he builds cars for a hobby and boats for a living. Mind I'm real glad I'm not painting it at home I'll bet they come back to check I'm not "running a business" from home.

Mike

......I think he was completely lost when she said he builds cars for a hobby and boats for a living. ......

Most people now don't even know how to open the bonnet on their car so I guess in the eyes of the general public we're all a bit strange for even working on our cars, building one for fun must've confused him beyond belief.

• Like 1

Well Mike, welcome to my world mate! You want to try having one of your clients post you a dead grass snake, second class post, in mid summer........ Or try breeding dung beetles (different dung = different beetle species) in the airing cupboard, or having a Police force ask you to identify the insects found on a severed head - they would have had to send the head as well (chain of custody or some such bull).

You are also, now , top of my official hate list, coveted Both the Marcos and Jem for a long time, mind you in the 80's I built one of the first production GTM's with 13 inch wheels and for a very short time was the custodian of a rather (well seriously badly built) iffy Davrian.

Jeff if it makes you feel better I've always wanted a davrian but apparently I have to make do with what I have. I've had 4 jem's though 2 had no registration thatt includes the the one I've just got. I've also had 6 mini's Marcos but the one I have now is proper knackered.

Back on topic the ibex is tented in ready for etch priming on Sunday. I've put the bare minimum of filler over the welds then it's a sand and prime one panel at a time.

IMAG1368.thumb.JPG.0a966887c77ac066a3356c168d77c22f.JPG

IMAG1369.thumb.JPG.38741a65cb44dd85b7906a733d5fc0c4.JPG

Mike

Edited by miketomcat