ibex 300 build

It is a big relief to finally get there iits taken 5 years and 4 months from start to road legal and cost in the region of 15k (which is cheap for an ibex, the kit would of cost nearly 12k from memory).

Still to do though is.

Wire the winch.

Fit a stereo.

CB.

Snorkel.

Split charge.

Mike

1 hour ago, miketomcat said:

It is a big relief to finally get there iits taken 5 years and 4 months from start to road legal and cost in the region of 15k (which is cheap for an ibex, the kit would of cost nearly 12k from memory).

Still to do though is.

Wire the winch.

Fit a stereo.

CB.

Snorkel.

Split charge.

Mike

And its one hell of a vehicle :D

At least now you can actually use it, be that a trip to the shop for a pint of milk or a bimble along a local lane. It can now be enjoyed properly :)

To elaborate a little more tomorrow will be the first legal drive (to work). The registration number turned up the Fay before I went to Yorkshire for two weeks with the caravan. I was hoping to take the ibex but towing a caravan to Yorkshire as a first drive is probably not the greatest idea. So now you will all understand why I could order plates online and not run to the motor factors so I could drive it. The plates were sat on the mat when I got home today along with the v5. Yes I did go and fit them before I'd finished unpacking 45. Oh and to add insult to injury something came adrift in the 110's bell housing three days before we left so I had to quickly swap the tow hitch on to 45 and fit the second trailer socket to power the caravan. Guess what I'll be doing later this week.

Mike 

• Like 1

Well I got to work. The fan was wired the wrong way round, well that or I put it on the wrong side. The clutch started slipping on The way in but I think it's due to the pedal not returning properly. So I've liberally lubed and we'll see what home time brings.

Mike

• Like 2