ibex 300 build

Gearbox is working fine and the leak seams to be sorted. The r380 appears to have a longer throw on the sticks, which meant I had to chop out the tunnel aperture.

IMG_20240928_135439.thumb.jpg.81f4984b3bb6d06df652702f1fe4248d.jpg

I needed to reinstate the flange the gaiter sits on. Trying the fiberglass in a tiny hole with everything in the way is fun. I had to create the new flange at the back and the front needs to be angled forward.

IMG_20240928_155624.thumb.jpg.9dca1a3469ce58ed0a642e50be2b9daa.jpg

Not the prettiest job but it'll work. However I couldn't get it to stay in low range, as the stick was still hitting the flange. The linkage for hi-low is on a spline at stick end so I was able to rotate one spline and shorten the link. Really fiddly to do as you either have to do it at arms length blind from below or through a tiny gap from above. I chose above, I now have fully working sticks and a gaiter that doesn't pop off.

Mike

3 hours ago, landroversforever said:

I can’t remember…. Is that R380 any different ratio wise to the lt77?

If it is there's naff all in it, there's slight differences between the diesel and V8 variants in terms of ratios.

• Like 1

Ashcroft's state the r380 has a taller 5th gear than the lt77. It certainly feels slightly taller with the r380 than the lt77, especially when towing. My lt77 was a V8 spec but I didn't notice a difference to the diesel spec lt77.

Mike