Stainless exhaust pictures.

Drove up to see Forkrentfitter yesterday so gave exhaust a fair bit of exercise. The EGT's on my favorite test hill are pretty much the same as they were with the standard exhaust. Engine feels more torquey and the turbo sounds like it spins up quicker, whether that is subjective or not who knows. The exhaust actually seems quieter at motorway speeds than the old one and has a deeper more pleasant note around town.

A really poor recording from inside the car can be heard here (along with squeaky clutch peddle and rattling pto linkage)

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread but .....  I am having a hell of a time trying to fit a Griffin side exit exhaust to my D90 300tdi.  I have a td5 rear tank fitted and simply cannot get the exhaust to fit without fouling the heat shield on the tank.  I’ve tried every combination of hangers that I have to reposition the exhaust but it seems that I will need to shorten the exhaust by a few inches or reposition either the fuel tank or the upper links....  Given the quality of the exhaust I have to suspect I’m doing something wrong. I’ve spent hours on this!  

Does anyone have pictures of the complete installation?  I’ve searched all the forums and gleaned some useful info but have not found anything showing the installation in detail.  Many thanks in advance.

Mine was on a 110 but I did have to shorten a section of the exhaust to make it fit, I rang them up before doing this and was told it was expected, they allowed extra on one part (can't remember which) so you could get the perfect fit.

Give them a quick call, they're helpful.

I spoke to Griffin when I fitted a system to my 90 as the arch over the rear axle was too tall and would touch / vibrate against the floor.

I met at a facility half way between their site and my house and they removed the exhaust, made amends and kept going at it until I was happy. 

The guys at the facility he used worked on it for nearly an hour in the end... Moved mounts, shortened tubes, added in another joint for ease of positioning in the future if needed. No charge to me.

I've since gone auto and because it's so well made I was able to delete the mount near the front cross member and it still doesn't move at all !

Like others said, call them and talk it through. 

• Like 1

Thank you both for the feedback - nice to know I’m not being a complete idiot!  I’ll give James a call as meeting halfway would be difficult  - I’m in Oman, so halfway would be somewhere near Istanbul...

Again, many thanks..