ABS issue

willow444

Apparantly i am a newbie on here lol, but i am a confused one at that, i have a series 2 TD5 Discovery and an ongoing problem with lights on the dash(the three amigo's i believe) i have had bearings done on all wheels and brakes, lights went off at this point but when i drove it back home it kept pulling violently to the side almost as if the brakes came on one side by themseves.

I got the guy to drive it and he said he had to over ride this action by driving it at speed and now its fine but the lights are back on.

Sorry i dont have all the tech talk but this is the best way i can describe it :blink:. I want to sell my 4x4 but i am at a loss to know what to do to sort this problem out. I love this land rover its been great for me with my horses and having to pick up feed etc(never towed with this one though as i bought it without bar)

It has low miles i have been told at 124,000 and the MOT said the emmissions were really clean but this problem is driving this women nuts!!....help!

Any productive answers would be gratefully received, thank you!

You really need to have the car plugged in to a diagnostic computer! It could be various things causing this, were any sensors replaced with the hubs? Where in the country are you? Someone near to you may have a hawkeye/nanocom they'd be happy to plug in for you. Steve

If memory serves the abs sensors on a td5 are integral to the bearings. It sounds to me like it could be the valve block shuttle valve problem. As has been asked, where are you? Someone local may have the diagnostic kit to find the problem

As stated above, a diagnostic check may well show the problem.

I had something similar to this. Car would drive perfectly in straight line. But any acceleration on a corner would cause the brakes to come on on one side. turned out to be badly seated ABS sensor. this caused it to read the speed in the hub incorrectly and it though I had a spinning wheel.

Dave