Defender Military Bumper with Centre Towpin

Sunray-I40

• 5 weeks later...

I have never brought one but based on civi v's original MOD bumpers I would say they would be a poor copy, why do you need to replace yours? If its just cosmetic then there are a few companies around here that could blast it and power coat it I was very impressed when they did my ARB bulbar and it was less than £100.

Alternativly if it is damaged you could try giving withams a call to see if they have any in stock, failing that the chaps that sell mod parts will be at Billing / or Newbury later in the year and you would probably be able to pick up a cast original for less money.

Jason

Britpart actually supply a lot of parts to the MOD, I've noticed a lot of cast parts at withams from them, and a few defenders ive had from them have had Britpart stuff on. Not always under Britpart branding, but most mod soft top hoods are labelled Border Holdings. Good hoods as well.

Maybe their contract gear is a bit different to the blue box guff.

• 1 year later...

I have just had a replacement MOD spec bumper form Island4x4 with a blue badge (non-moving part). It seems to be as beefy as the original.

As Western said it's not meant for recovery, I use mine for shunting the sankey about and general light pulling with the high-lift. The metal is 2mm with the centre portion being beefed up a bit with double box section. Bought the galv version so it won't disappear quite as quick.

• 4 months later...

I want to get a beasty chunck of box section with a 5mm wall, and make a good solid crossmember bumper I already have the tow ball and pin combination sitting waiting. I'm waiting of a guy sending me the crossmember measurements, as mine is for a hybrid I have not got the sizes to hand as yet.

good job I'm patient bloke

ALAN