window regulator

Gromit

ok, I really should just go out and take the door apart but dang it's wild out.

Driver's side window winds up to within an inch of being closed, then slips.

What is the most likely culprit, the regulator or something else? I'm guessing the entire regulator has to be replaced?

Just looking for a heads up if you've done this before, before I spend a few hours standing cursing in the rain. :lol::angry:

defender/discovery/747/Shuttle? :P

Probably the coggy windy bit (tech term) broken I should think.... teeth stripped off or something like that.

Sometimes the regulator breaks and can be spot welded back together but if the teeth are stripped you'll be wanting a new one...

ok, I really should just go out and take the door apart but dang it's wild out.

Driver's side window winds up to within an inch of being closed, then slips.

What is the most likely culprit, the regulator or something else? I'm guessing the entire regulator has to be replaced?

Just looking for a heads up if you've done this before, before I spend a few hours standing cursing in the rain. :lol::angry:

Done a few of these nothing to it takes longer taking trim off than changing the windy uppy bit, as a thought it may well be worth you changing the vertical window slides as well, they are usually pretty well goosed due to the water getting in, presuming its a defender door that is. i use series window channel for the slides much cheaper than the LR part.

Regards

Keith

The back door on my rangie did that when the channel on the window corroded to the point it fell off. The regulator was still pushing the window up, but once it was nearly there it was able to slip off the bottom of the glass and slide past it so the window didn't fully shut. It could be lifted with a hand either side of the glass so that it was fully shut and the regulator arms would then 'pop' back underneath it and hold it closed.

Come to think of it I just disconnected the electrics and left it to fix later. That was over a year ago... Well, I never sit in the back, do I? :D

defender/discovery/747/Shuttle? :P

Probably the coggy windy bit (tech term) broken I should think.... teeth stripped off or something like that.

Sometimes the regulator breaks and can be spot welded back together but if the teeth are stripped you'll be wanting a new one...

Tis a defender as per sig :P

Is the windy uppy bit separate from the regulator?

Has stopped raining - might pull it apart and have a goo.