Look what I found under my front middle seat (see photo)

This morning (the sun was out so I was up early) i set about doing some prep work ahead of my new cubby box arriving - I thought removing the middle seat would be relatively straight forward! (I'm learning NOTHING is straight forward with a landy - hence me having this prep session ahead of the box arriving!) ;)

Apart from being able to get to the two bolts at the rear of the frame to be able to get the frame out, I think I've cracked it (when I've got some help to turn the ratchet while I hold the other bolt from underneath) - however my questions are these

I've found the Electric Control unit tucked under the middle seat -

a) where should i put it when I fit my cubby box? (clean answers only thanks!) :rofl: - the wire its attached to that comes through the inspection plate looks like it won't go too far - and it looks to have holes in the casing so it can be screwed to something.

b) to answer my curiosity, what's the separate thing on the white,black & green wires that looks like a plastic pointy thing?

Ta

PS - have people found when fitting cubbys that they need to remove the two big bolts for the seat belt moorings for the middle seat or does the cubby fit between them?

post-40627-0-62861200-1366452512_thumb.jpg

as the others said, throw it away and blank the egr valve, the engine will thank you.

As for crawling underneath to get at the nuts, sod that. 4 screws hold the black cover plate to the top of the seatbox, with that out you can reach all the nuts from the cabin :)

Thanks guys - do I literally unplug the wires from the box, chuck that away, and then tape the wires ends over and tuck them away under the cover plate? - Dave88sw, when you say "blank the egr valve" what do you mean?

And yes the penny did drop at lunchtime when I was about to start crawling underneath - the black cover plate was removed and it was relatively easy to shift the 4 bolts - front ones dead easy, the rear ones a bit harder getting a grip on the higher hex's to get sufficient grip to free the nuts below.

Just waiting for the cubby box to turn up now!

• 2 years later...

I'm planning to fit a cubby box and like Markoteal I wonder about the plastic pointy thing ...

b) to answer my curiosity, what's the separate thing on the white,black & green wires that looks like a plastic pointy thing?

What is the plastic pointy thing? What does it do? Is it delicate? Can I stuff it under a cubby box?

Thanks

Thank you Scotts90. The colours match and the socket was obvious when I pulled the plastic cover off this morning. There's also a 7.5 fuse with black and brown leads. Is that for the EGR too?

I may fit a diesel heater in the future (I certainly want to keep the option open if I can) so I want to keep the space underneath a cubby box as clear as possible with a view to having a wide hot air vent passing below the cubby box. I have already blanked off the EGR in the engine bay and I have removed the EGR ECU from the central seat. Most of the cables can be housed below the central base plate, but I assume I need to keep the TestBook socket accessible.