HBRO 2007 Mike Wolfe Winch Challenge

Hello all,

Ok

The HBRO (Hants & Berks Land Rover Owners Club) will (via me so be F nice or yer fail at sctutineering :P ) be in early 2007 running the 4th 'MWWCE'

If you have been living on the moon, or are new here or to the 4x4 world then a brief bit :

Its an event which has (I hope) grown in popularity,

a fun, friendly but serious winch challenge event, run by me for the club in memory of a mate and respected 4x4 Guy called Mike Wolfe, who was killed in an RTA.

The event is run to comemorate Mike, and support the business he left behind KCC at Bordon in Hampshire.

This is a tough event, members here will testify to this, BUT it can equally accomodate 1st timers,

and the punches set are easy medium hard .........and .....to quote Paul W who appeared at one...

"You are having a giraffe Barker aren't you ?...up there ?????????????? (he got the punch :lol: )

So 2007 cometh, and plans are a foot (means I have strted thinking of it) :P

I have a new selection a cunning plans up my sleeve,

you find out about those on the day, but for starters, in general terms I expect thjis to be a 1 day 100 punch event,

costs similar to last year

Teams of 2 4x4s, - any "light 4x4" (ie nothing bigger than say a 101 no Mogs etc)

2 classes BOTH 4x4 in a team have to select the SAME class

ALL 4x4 must be road legal taxed and insured, the event is MSA approved and carries full insurance etc

CLASSES :

ARC Class - must pass ARC rules

NON ARC Class - just about anything ARBs, 37 simex swampers etc etc Non LRs Suzukis Jeeps etc etc

Full details will follow

so....... Some questions as quite a few here will prob enter .....

DATES

Am thinking late Feb through to maybe end April - any preferences or dates to aviod ?

Who may be up for it ?

Am also thinking of doing "Commemorative" Clothing,

ie

something like a T shirt, or Polo Shirt, or Sweat shirt, with embriodery logos of all the sponsors AND details of the event and say maybe "Competitor" on them or "Marshal" etc, and ONLY those who qulaify could buy them, I already have 5 major sponsors up to help and the money goes into the event and prizes

Winners and runners up might get some of these clothes maybe as prizes amongst other things (yes cups etc) but, if these were resionably priced and made available pre the event to those who qulaify to purchase would you be intersted ? the reason I ask is the bigger the order the cheaper they become within limits..... ?

But other than cups etc, what prizes would you like to see at the event ?

This is a club event, so we can make changes if people would like something in an event, is there something you wish other event did / offerred that you would like to see on this one ?...if so sqeak up ?

So, with all of the above can I have some feedback please ?

And if you are interested then pop your hand up to reserve a place, as places will be limited and we are this year writing to a large number of 4x4 clubs as an invite, Press coverage is also covered, so dents will need polishing..............

Nige :huh:

Yes please Nige interested assuming i can fulfill 1 vehicle ARC and one none ARC rule please put me down for a team space. may struggle to find the non ARC one though but could be done

Will make for an interseting event pairing like that.

pref not the 3rd weekend of the month or last weekend in Feb that aside for me although either month suits

Tony - guess we cant team then, niether can Mike or Jay with any of us.

not sure theres any paint left on any of the dents on mine that coudl be polished.

Ref clothing i would be interested in a T shirt if i was competing. what you need to do to qualify to purchase?

do both teams have to get the same punch for it to count

same scoring scheme as last year on no of points dependant on no of people that get any certain punch?

Yes please Nige interested assuming i can fulfill 1 vehicle ARC and one none ARC rule please put me down for a team space. may struggle to find the non ARC one though but could be done

Will make for an interseting event pairing like that.

B*gger - 1st error, have changed the post above, BASICALLY both 4x4 have to select the SAME class !

pref not the 3rd weekend of the month or last weekend in Feb that aside for me although either month suits

K noted..............

Tony - guess we cant team then, niether can Mike or Jay with any of us.

My error - see above !!!!!!!!!!!

Ref clothing i would be interested in a T shirt if i was competing. what you need to do to qualify to purchase?

To qualify to buy clothing I will only sell to the entrnat marshal offical etc, no "Spectator" can buy, gibves it then an exclusitivity <sp> ??

do both teams have to get the same punch for it to count

No, both then score is poss higher but if only 1 fancies it then fine 1 does it, will explain scoring system nearer the time

same scoring scheme as last year on no of points dependant on no of people that get any certain punch?

Absolutely G8MUDs system used is superb and can't see a better way so yep :)

Team place basically "Reserved", asa and when advise me of teammate ?

Nige

Nige, my thoughts:-

Clothing embroidered 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each class for driver and co-driver.

Trophy (can be cheap!) 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each class for driver and co-driver.

Trophies, rosettes for worst, biggest, must try harder etc.inv.gif

Clothing available to buy.

No prizes unless you can ensure each winner (driver and co-driver) gets something useful.

Sections are good, as you have done in the past.

Hide and seek punches are boring, navigation is good and most can lay their hands on a GPS these days.

Tight stuff in the trees to keep Butplug occupied.action-smiley-034.gif

Better reserve me a place.

I'm in, provided Nicks gets his act together...

if not I'll biatch for anyone, I'm not proud :ph34r:

Yep to T Shirts/Polo

les i'm up for it.Nige put me down for a team i've been a bit slow off the mark alot of the normal guys have already teamed up, John(aka saley) do you fancy teaming up?