TD5 110 CSW springs

I'm considering my options. I need this all working properly. I've taken to using the 110 for work and often do 500 miles a week in it so need reliable suspension.

If I can get the boge working, then that's good, but for now I might have to settle for an alternative. So this post was about what my choices could be. Would rather stick with LR setups, hence the question about the td5.

Just for others reading this thread, the TD5 rears are RKB101111 (slight typo above).

Has anyone tried the Puma springs on an earlier model - RKB500300?? They have three rates whereas the TD5 only has two.

I have the Brown/purple (101111) springs on an early 110 HT. Find them great for generaql use. Recently had 3/4 tonne of sheep feed in the back and it put them to squat a bit but still rode well with plenty ion reserve. My mate had them on the back of his 2010 MY Puma Utility but found them too firm for general use and swapped to the Green/Green/Whites (500300) which gave him a more compliant and softer ride with the family in the back. However, the thing was hopeless for towing as it was too soft on the rear. He has now fitted air helper springs and has the best of both worlds. Nice ride when empty and the ability to inflate the bags and have a good firm ride when towing or carrying heavy loads.

Thanks. That's really helpful.

I'm carrying my heavy toolbox most of the time now, so its not often unladen. Its also fairly regularly full of adults. So... perhaps 101111 is the way to go for now.

So, can anyone confirm if the front springs changed at any point? This post suggested they did and they didn't....http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=69661 !! I don't want to mix the sided front springs with non sided rears if that is going to cause a problem.

Looking around, I can only find Allmakes, Britpart or Genuine for these - I don't want britpart. Do we know of anywhere that sells OEM, but not in LR packaging??

No probs, sorry I didn't post earlier!!!

Ha - not your fault :) . I was impatient and wanted to make sure I got the bits before the weekend - plus I had a good chat with the chaps at AJD about the parts so got to check that they were supposed to be fitted with the sided front springs.

I've bookmarked that page for the future though - lots of good stuff on there at very good prices!

I bought a few bits off them for my 1989 110 restoration, very reasonable prices!!

I also spent a lot of money on parts shared between Paddocks,L R Direct and Britcar and after completion I needed something urgent so went to my local dealer (Duckworths) and found them actually pretty good on price! Could of saved a lot on shipping charges!

I have the td5 rears and heavy duty fronts on my 110 utility. Very happy with the ride, just need better dampers.

reb, you're welcome to try mine.

Thanks for that :)

Hopefully I will pick up the new springs tomorrow. I'll try and fit them tomorrow evening - gonna do shocks and remove the self leveller at the same time.... not sure if I will get that all done after work!

I'll see how it runs with the new rear springs and if it reckon the fronts aren't right, I might take you up on the offer of a test drive. Apart from a bull bar, I don't run any extra weight up front, so I don't know if I need to go heavy duty at the front end.

Well..... what a difference! Started at 6pm, up on stands, removed shocks, removed springs, removed self leveller. Fitted RKB101111 to each side and a pair of new Armstrong shocks. Torqued everything up and put the wheels back on. This was 8pm. Its sat 2 inches higher than immediately before the spring change. Took it for a spin. Not too bouncy and handles well. It leans a bit more if I go into a corner with more vigour than I should, but that's not normal driving! So, all in all, seems like a good move at the moment. I'll have to load it up and see what its like then, but I doubt it will sink as low as it was unladen on the old springs.

Well..... what a difference! Started at 6pm, up on stands, removed shocks, removed springs, removed self leveller. Fitted RKB101111 to each side and a pair of new Armstrong shocks. Torqued everything up and put the wheels back on. This was 8pm. Its sat 2 inches higher than immediately before the spring change. Took it for a spin. Not too bouncy and handles well. It leans a bit more if I go into a corner with more vigour than I should, but that's not normal driving! So, all in all, seems like a good move at the moment. I'll have to load it up and see what its like then, but I doubt it will sink as low as it was unladen on the old springs.

well done. Re the leaning, this is why i went for wolf springs, as NO roll, and corners as if on rails. You notice the difference when walking about on the roof rack,

If I am allowed to say, there is a sticky on the land rover addicts forum about what people have fitted to their 110, with wheel arch dims to judge lift. (in the defender section)