Engine and Component weights

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Front Doors

1. Series door - a message to an ebay seller yielded a guesstimate of 5-10kg, but not sure.  17.5kg  - Glazed top 7.5kg (with 110 door mirror). Bottom with fixtures 10kg
  2. Pre-Puma door - 
  3. Puma Door - I've weighed at 26kg (with manual window, mirror and hinge)

Rear Door

1. Pre 02 (square bottom glass corners) -  17kg with no door card or spare wheel mount - Thanks Giles.
  2. Post 02 (round bottom glass corners) - 23kg door card, glass, rear wiper and brake light but no wheel carrier

Info from the thread I started here: 

14 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Front Doors

1. Series door - a message to an ebay seller yielded a guesstimate of 5-10kg, but not sure.  17.5kg  - Glazed top 7.5kg (with 110 door mirror). Bottom with fixtures 10kg
  2. Pre-Puma door - 
  3. Puma Door - I've weighed at 26kg (with manual window, mirror and hinge)

Rear Door

1. Pre 02 (square bottom glass corners) -  17kg with no door card or spare wheel mount - Thanks Giles.
  2. Post 02 (round bottom glass corners) - 23kg door card, glass, rear wiper and brake light but no wheel carrier

Series doors all the way! especially since the push button usually fails the first time it meets a tree, where as the recessed door handles of a series (or early 90/110) will work regardless how bend the door is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daan said:

Series doors all the way! especially since the push button usually fails the first time it meets a tree, where as the recessed door handles of a series (or early 90/110) will work regardless how bend the door is.

I like my widows  windows to go up and down sadly or the weight saving would have been nice. Might still get to that mind! :lol: 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Stellaghost said:

This weight obsession you have Ross is good I suppose, but I have to tell you that if I ever meet you  I hope your not portly, I would be very disappointed  in you lol regards Stephen 

:lol: I’m not the smallest of people... 18st and 6’3” so any weight savings are a bonus to offset my arse and lunchbox!

1 minute ago, landroversforever said:

:lol: I’m not the smallest of people... 18st and 6’3” so any weight savings are a bonus to offset my arse and lunchbox!

Ha very good maybe a bigger weight saving for your landrover is you lol makes my 12 stone 5'8" quite pathetic regards Stephen 

• Haha 2