Sluggish Throttle

Hi,

I am having a sluggish throttle response on my Defender TD5 MY2006. On a move off, I need to rev much higher if not the vehicle will judder. If I rev it, it would not. Clutch has been changed and now under 8000km.

During driving, I can floor the throttle but the engine just rev up slowly. It revs well on stationary.

Would like know if anyone has this problem before.

From Hawkeye Live Data.

-MAF Idles at 46kg/hr

-Driver Demand 1 4.6V on Idle

-Driver Demand 2 0.46V on Ilde

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards

Jack

I have a similar experience with my D2. I havent got to the bottom of it yet, so will watch this with interest.

My D2 has had the EGR removed but it can be implicated in these symptoms I beleive.

• 2 weeks later...

The MAF sensor reading is too low. It should be between 55-59 at tick over. Check in 5th gear full blast as well, you're probably not getting more than 350 - should be around the 450 mark.

Unplug it and take it for a spin and see if it's any better.

Start by cleaning it by spraying brake cleaner on it. Failing to get a reading over 55 at idle buy a new Land Rover branded unit. Don't waste your time on the ebay copies.

The MAF sensor reading is too low. It should be between 55-59 at tick over. Check in 5th gear full blast as well, you're probably not getting more than 350 - should be around the 450 mark.

Unplug it and take it for a spin and see if it's any better.

Start by cleaning it by spraying brake cleaner on it. Failing to get a reading over 55 at idle buy a new Land Rover branded unit. Don't waste your time on the ebay copies.

I would agree with cleaning the MAF sensor (I blew mine through with Meths). I tried replacing it with an e bay copy but to be honest it was worse. Just cleaning the original improved things greatly.