alarm set off as i went offroading

Pez200tdi

hey people, im pretty new to 4x4 as ive had cars most of my driving life. anyways

i went offroading last night and hit a bank then my indercators were flashing like mad but nothing on the dash, so i unplugged the fuse to the alarm and it stopped, just wondering how i can put the fuse in again without the indercators flashing all the time? anyone had this problem!?

Also my heaters in the cab do not work are they on a fuse or anything or will i need a new heater dials?

You may have activated the crash inertia sensor, which will operate the hazards and unlock the doors, if they are locked. Switching off-on-off the ignition to reset, unless it was the alarm and you had a sounder operating as well, then if so u have a problem..

The info is in the owners handbook.

More info on what's wrong with your heater required, how many do you have ? as u say "heaters in the cab do not work"

Had the same on my defender, it is the crash sensor which was introduced as a European law, you just need to switch off the engine for 1min this will reset the sensor and all,will be ok again.

Jason

It's not the crash switch its a jolt sensor that is contained within the ecu and switches the hazards on if you get hit but the engine is not forced back. I.e. a frontal collision.

Jason

Doesn't the 'crash switch' disable the fuel pump as well? My td5 Defender certainly won't start with the switch in the activated position ( playing about with it as you do ) just curious really, Steve

It's a two-stage switch. First stage just flashes the indicators, second stage cuts fuel.

Resetting is done by cycling the ignition 3 times.

thanks will have to sort that out.

The heaters well they dont blow air out, also means it doesnt get hot or anything....

Also a good idea to state what model, year and spec of disco u have. I assume its a 200 series tdi ;)

If so, dont take any notice of the fuel cut-off posts... you dont have one, it's only the petrol engine D1s that do.

• 2 weeks later...

My solution was to remove the remote door activator, sounds a little severe I know but when, as I do, you drive on desert roads that have corrugations of a depth and hieght that give the average mountain goat nose bleeds then the crash sensor is a total horror as it never stops going off, even at 20kph with 20psi in th tyres! It didnt take me long to get used to locking the doors manually. Incidentally at the same time I removed the "spider" and all their associated wiring.