The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

Although potential automotive history, it's just plain ridiculous to ask so much for a vehicle that doesn't look so original or complete, rule with head not hart, chances are to make it original it will be many years correct part hunting.

Find it quite sad really!

I think they were built by Lairds/Cammell Lairds on Anglesey.. I know I've seen pictures of them being tested on a local mountain

Havant the Dunsfold collection have one

Fred Dibnah drove his steam tractor round the top of the same mountain

OK... so my mate just went up and bought this, he drove it home this afternoon.

130 miles it used 72litres of fuel, 8.2 mpg.

Will give some feedback when I have seen it, but despite the big brakes up front (leaking!), it has stock discs on the rear(!)

I am sure it will be fun, not sure how long it will last in his hands :)

This is the TOR article on above truck...

38-45 Littler EGAK.pdf

Bit of a confusing article, at one point it says it uses a viscous coupling from an RRC, and then shows a picture of an LT230! Unless they can be fitted in an LT230, which I doubt!

Anyways, gives a bit more background.

And NO, he didn't pay the asking price.

Saw a 300 TDi 90 CSW on eBay about 10 days ago. Beautiful condition and few miles. It was a classified ad and I started to converse with the seller.

When the seller came back to answer my first question, the ad had already disappeared and I was a bit suspicious. It was still available however.

i was tempted but things didn't seem quite right. The price was remarkably low. It was too good to be true - or so I thought.

Today I saw it again - this time being sold by a dealer. Nothing has changed about it as far as I can tell. Here it is. I bet you can't guess the price at which it was being offered by the first seller.

I feel as though I missed a bargain.