The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

• 9 months later...

Very nice and very well known but possibly not entirely road legal without SVA/IVA due to:

Chassis reworked to use all 14 inches of travel on suspension and to lower the vehicle stance.
Strengthened and lightened chassis

The first bit would suggest arched chassis work over the axles, the second suggests bits removed from chassis?

it has to be road legal to compete in various rallies in UK, Porlock toll road is a public road so any rally car using it has to drive on normal public roads to access both ends of the stage of the rally [somerset stages] 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Bit suprised on the spec. Would have expected at the bottom

• Complete with Hawkeye 

:rofl::rofl:

And the price ......... "F" :wacko:

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Daan said:

found via facebook, not cheap by the way:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282572104314?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649&clk_rvr_id=1264756307092&rmvSB=true

It looks like my landy is valuable, or is that just wish full thinking?

Daan

And err which bit of it is a series 2? defender chassis, 300 tdi engine, registered as a 1959 Leyland

Edited by neil110

7 hours ago, neil110 said:

And err which bit of it is a series 2? defender chassis, 300 tdi engine, registered as a 1959 Leyland

I'd be terrified of driving that past a VOSA check or even a traffic cop, ticks all the boxes for trouble!

• 2 weeks later...

No hang on, if it is on an "A" plate that dates from 1963 Yet it is registered as a 1959 Leyland which pre-dates suffixes by 4 years.

As the saying goes "I wouldn't touch it with yours, mate"

Edited by neil110

1 hour ago, neil110 said:

No hang on, if it is on an "A" plate that dates from 1963 Yet it is registered as a 1959 Leyland which pre-dates suffixes by 4 years.

As the saying goes "I wouldn't touch it with yours, mate"

Not strictly true, there were blocks of numbers used after cherished transfers, I had a 1959 series 11 which a PO had taken the index and it had ended up on an ACC *** A plate which was perfectly legitimate.

Notwithstanding all the other issues of course.

• 6 months later...