The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

Post #226:

If you pickup a discovery, why would you not cut the top off BELOW the rear window line, that just looks odd, even negating the fact that there is half of each back window and tailgate window.

Post #226:

If you pickup a discovery, why would you not cut the top off BELOW the rear window line, that just looks odd, even negating the fact that there is half of each back window and tailgate window.

perhaps he wanted a very big deep trunk or boot as we in UK call it. but it does look ****

Perhaps it's the lazy way to not have to sort out the rear lights?

Exactly, was wondering why they had cut it that way then as I read DMs comm, it hit me, the rear light cluster on a D2 is higher, could have been better executed with D1 rear corner panels and light clusters, but on the whole, I still like it :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Doesn't look like a very common colour though, so finding a new quarter panel and bonnet might be difficult. The light isn't cheap either IIRC.

F**k that, I'd bash it out with a spoon, paint it matt black from a rattle can and nail a Lucas sealed-beam in that bad boy and take it laning, for £1200 what's not to love?

• Like 2

Lights are actually fairly cheap now as everyone upgrading to the 2010 style lights.

Wings fit from 2002 onwards right up to 2013 so easy to find (as fridge said sod the colour)

Bumpers also cheaper now as the 2010 ones are different

Hmmmmmmm

In 2025 whilst browsing an archived copy of an old forum someone was heard to say .... Ugh! Sawtooth alloys on a Defender and look at those pretend NAS LED lights .......

Although I never liked those RR conversions even when they were new ;-)

• Like 1