The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

18 minutes ago, Daan said:

Bit more of a sleeper than most of them, which definitely appeals more. For that money I expect to find properly set up fuel injection under the bonnet, though, not a carb.

Then again, at that price I'm definitely not the target market...

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I blame @TSD for sending me this... if it wasn't 14k I'd be tempted although it does need an adult to look over some of the "engineering" that has occurred;

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011146114887?modal=description

Wash your mouth out! :unsure: that thing is awful! Complete with ‘Cab is fitted with a double glazed bubble window to the rear’ also known as a caravan window :lol:  

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

Wash your mouth out! :unsure: that thing is awful! Complete with ‘Cab is fitted with a double glazed bubble window to the rear’ also known as a caravan window :lol:  

The execution is awful but I reckon you could make it nice if you ripped a lot of the added halfords cack out... and the awful GM V8 diesel boat anchor.

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

The execution is awful but I reckon you could make it nice if you ripped a lot of the added halfords cack out... and the awful GM V8 diesel boat anchor.

As the advert says - it's a once in a lifetime opportunity! Gov.uk doesn't know what to make of it mind...

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

But you'd keep the twin stack exhausts, right? 😛

39 minutes ago, Ozzy50 said:

A claimed 65k build ? To build that monstrosity 🤢, it’s simply awful. I’ve seen it before , not sure if it was an article or a previous for sale ad , whichever it’s still a hideous thing 

I can claim I spent £65k on a project, whether I did is another matter...

On 1/2/2021 at 8:12 PM, Daan said:

So £85k but they can't be bothered to provide any information or decent pictures other than loads showing the yellow headlights work?

Sorry this is out of the timeline for the thread, catching up and forgot to check where it was in the post.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Why? Is probably the question..... Made a very practical usable vehicle into something that appears to have no benefits over the original....

But it has orange bits so it must be better than any other?

• Haha 1

I'd love to find out how much these apparently overpriced Defenders actually sell for on ebay. There are plenty of high mileage 300tdis and td5s on for £15k+, some with galv bits and others without. Advertising at that price and selling at that price are two very different things though!