Tailgate window recallibration

Dezzie

Hi everyone. Please can someone help me, before I have a nervous breakdown ?

I took the battery off my year 2000 series 1 FL 2.0l Diesel as it's been standing for a few months now.

When I reattached the fully charged battery, the tailgate window went down. Apparently, it's meant to do this. And now, thanks to another guy on here, I know it needs recallibrating.

Details of how to recallibrate the tailgate window, are in the handbook. I've followed these instructions to the letter, but still the window gets to the top, beeps and goes down again.

Am I doing something wrong ? Any help is very much appreciated. Can someone give me a step by step idiot proof guide.

Thanks ........................ Matt.

Can be done easier if door open and lock rolled across

Also will not cal if not going full movent had many that the spare wheel been hit slightly and stopping window dropping fulley

Remove trim and check window at bottom

Hiya Guys, thanks a lot for the replies, been most helpful, but still the window goes down.

I put the fully charged battery on today, then put the key in the closed tailgate door barrel, and turned clockwise. The window goes straight up, no bother at all. It then beeps, BUT STAYS UP. I thought to meself "blimey - it's sorted ! - Fantastic !"

Then I thought, "I'll start the engine and let it run for a while," as it hasn't been started for a few weeks.

I unlocked the car ..... and guess what ...... the flamin' window goes down again ! ! ! ! :angry2:

What's going on ? When I press the dashboard button to send the window up, it beeps, and goes down every time. In the handbook, it says that something must be blocking it's travel. I've checked this, but there is no blockage.

Is there a certain order in which I have to do things ? A pattern ? Is it something to do with the alarm ?

When I open the tailgate door, the window will not work when I turn the key.

As far as I know, the vehicle hasn't had a rear end shunt. I know the previous owner too, and he never had one either. However, it may be worth me having a look inside the tailgate door trim.

Any other ideas or help ? Thanks. ....................... Matt

Hi Defv890, thanks for all your help with this. It's driving me mad !

With the tailgate door open, when I roll the key, nothing happens. No movement at all.

When the vehicle is locked, when I roll the key, the window stays up. Then, when I UNlock the car, the window beeps and goes down again.

I've tried starting / stopping, locked / unlocked in all manner of different ways.

In the 'handbook', it just says press the button and raise the glass. The window is now recallibrated.

Any ideas or help very gratefully recieved. Don't make me reach for the gallon of petrol and the match ! :D

Cheers all ....................... Matt.

• 6 years later...

Hi got an 03 freelander with the tailgate window staying down. It was ok till the battery died on me after 14 days of no use. Charged it up, refitted it and now the tailfate window is open all the time. Tried recalibrating it. Will not calibrate. Any suggestions