MogLite II - son of MogLite

MogLite

GL1500 has a spur to engage the startermotor for reverse or.......

use a Dnepr/Ural/Urinal engine and box - they have a power shuttle that throws the entire box into reverse (backwards on a bike is not easy!)

Hi Jez, I had a dnepr 650, brilliant bike, wish I hadn't sold it. You're right, reverse was very entertaining!

Fun with the side car fitted! Without the sidecar, it was also very useful if you parked front wheel to the curb on a high camber road.

Regards,

Diff

one of the lads had one for hauling beer to rallies, a repmobile gave him a hard time so he reversed at it while waiting at some lights, feds where called and duly turned up, driver protested that the bike had "engaged reverse and rammed me" they ended up breathalysing rep driver and sent Si on his merry way :)

ah I stand corrected then, complete scratch built vehicle done at home verses a winch tray... :P

Andys welding has come on a loooooooooooooooooooong way from when those lugs were originally fabbed

so going from the weld forensics what would you say the issue was with the control arm failure?

ah I stand corrected then, complete scratch built vehicle done at home verses a winch tray... :P

Andys welding has come on a loooooooooooooooooooong way from when those lugs were originally fabbed

so going from the weld forensics what would you say the issue was with the control arm failure?

I thought Tuesday was Al's day. Grumble, grumble.

I've got nothing against Andy's fab, its just a bit of banter. Out of interest, how many people on this forum have actually seen my welding that is so legendary?

Heah, I'm no expert on weld failiers. However, its not in just welding that deep penitration is good :P

i've seen your supposed welding on your rear recovery points and your gearbox xmember u made, i was just wondering if u got it all out of one pigeon by squeezing it really hard or did u use more than one and just wait for then to 'go' in about the right place? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

i've seen your supposed welding on your rear recovery points and your gearbox xmember u made, i was just wondering if u got it all out of one pigeon by squeezing it really hard or did u use more than one and just wait for then to 'go' in about the right place? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Tonk, the rears weren't mine; they were done by a coded welder :P He only uses top quality wood pigeon!

The x-member, yeah, really not pretty but that was the fabrication morning from hell. When I get time I'll redo it but, right now, I've got more important things to do.

coded?

and a weld failed?? are you sure?? :unsure:

Im only playing Will, just theres a lot of experts with precious little to show for it though. I've never seen your work so Im not in a position to rip the urine and at your current build rate my eyesight may have failed by the time its ready to roll :ph34r:

taxi........... taxi!!

I would say motorcycle engine at each corner. Chain drive "down a leg" could get you gearing and torque.

Steering and suspension wouldn't be very difficult - just the lack of reverse gear is making me stumble at the moment.

Where can I find 4x Honda Goldwing engines and gearbox's - they've got reverse haven't they ?

they go backwards using starter I believe so no use. It is a problem in BEC (Bike engined cars - lotus 7 type) and the word Quaife springs to mind - dunno too much about it, would guess there is a couple of gears to reverse drive but going by it's looks, nicely machinely blingy alloy cube, it is not going to be cheap.

I've got nothing against Andy's fab, its just a bit of banter. Out of interest, how many people on this forum have actually seen my welding that is so legendary?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

I saw it, with Tonk at Old sodders, .............

..........you'll remember Will ?? :D

Tonk and I leaning on each other whilst clutching sides with one arm, and pointing and laughing, gasping for breath whilst you mentioned the "Fault" with the Legendary "Warne-O-Matic" Cooo Cooo- Flutter Flutter Mk 1 Mig Set fitted with the optional and even rarer "Fat ball" on the torch :P and has the legendary setting of "Peck a Bit", moving into "Pulse Coooing" right up to the top "Flock of Sh*te" setting :ph34r:

This would have been the engine / gearbox crossmember ?...I think your absolute classic comment was you had had

"A particularly 'off day' - weld wise" :lol: ...........

...go on post a piccy :)

Coat cricket box, and Hat.................. ta

Nige :ph34r:

coded?

and a weld failed?? are you sure?? :unsure:

Im only playing Will, just theres a lot of experts with precious little to show for it though. I've never seen your work so Im not in a position to rip the urine and at your current build rate my eyesight may have failed by the time its ready to roll :ph34r:

taxi........... taxi!!

Nah, the weld never failed. The recovery points have served me very well for quite some time now.

I've only ever had one of my welds fail on me and that was on what was effectivly an off road go kart I built a while back (steering arm welded to what was effectivly a king pin that didn't have anything like enough surface area, the design was modded and never failed.

Nige, I'll happily post a picture but you won't see the welds. I never got round to putting a coat of paint on the crossmember (no time) so its gone a little rusty :o You can't see any weld details anymore. That said, it may not be pretty BUT its never going to bend!

BTW, this thread has given me some new 'pimp my welder' inspiration. Can you guess???? I feel a pigeon theamed welder appearing some time soon :lol:

As for finishing the truck, I hope its before you go blind, Jez. However, I think I can safely say it'll be done before Al's finished his :ph34r: