SimonPearson

300Tdi Automatics....

I thought all 300Tdi / Autos had an ECU-controlled injector pump but I have been told by someone who breaks these cars (and should therefore know well) that only the very late 1997 and 1998 cars did.

Who knows?

I thought all 300Tdi / Autos had an ECU-controlled injector pump but I have been told by someone who breaks these cars (and should therefore know well) that only the very late 1997 and 1998 cars did.

Who knows?

yes thats right do you want one

Well mines a 1996 and has an ECU controlled engine.

Pete.

Si, RougeVogue's is an auto on an 'M' (1995/96?) and has a normal pump.

Chris

Not sure about UK but export ones didn't, I know of a 1997 model year 300Tdi auto Discofairy here with the old clanky pump.

Saley - no thanks... I'm after a mechanical injector pump type 300Tdi Auto...

Thanks for replies guys - anyone know any LR specs or other documentation that I could verify the year from?

Guest diesel_jim
Saley - no thanks... I'm after a mechanical injector pump type 300Tdi Auto...

From what i hear, you can also fit a 200Tdi pump on a 300 and it works OK.

I have an April 1995 TDi 300 auto with mechanical pump. I think they changed to ECU controlled pump for the 1996 model year which would have come out late summer or autumn 1995.

Nigel

Hi, I have a November 1995 Disco 300TDI Auto, that has an engine ECU and a EDC (Electronic Diesel Control) mounted on the diesel pump. Apparently the EDC unit helps the 300 Autos to pick up at low revs, basically improve the peformance of the engine.

I've been informed that it is possible to remove the EDC diesel pump, if its faulty, and replace it with the standard diesel pump from a 200 or 300 TDI (non EDC), the vehicle won't go aswell but its cheaper fix.

Another interesting point is that the 300TDI ECU EDC Autos have 123BHP.

Buzz.

From what i hear, you can also fit a 200Tdi pump on a 300 and it works OK.

Thats what has been done to my Ibex - not short on power now its been tuned either. Economy isn't the strong point though.

Only the very early 300 tdi auto's had manual pumps...

You will only find them on 'M' reg vehicles...

Then they change to the darkside....... :ph34r:

What i find intresting though is that altough everyone is scared of 'Fly-by-wire' these vehicles have been using it since late '94 and seem to be reasonably reliable......

Ok you still need to book an appointment when you want to pull away at a junction....But, better than the manual pump....

Food for thought

Jim :)

Didn't these pumps have issues with seizing? I don't really know details it wsa just something I was told...

Never replaced one on an auto.........

Replaced loads of the other type.....

But to be fair theres a lot more manuals on the road..... :rolleyes:

Jim :)

Can the FIP ECU on an auto be chipped or reprogrammed in the same way as other ECU run fuel systems ?

Mo

im sure i know of a 300auto thats been chipped along with a larger intercooler. havent spoken to the owner for ages so cant confirm, but id swear im correct.

Can the FIP ECU on an auto be chipped or reprogrammed in the same way as other ECU run fuel systems ?

Mo

Yes I believe they can

Yes I believe they can

He speaks the truth. I know JJ Fearn do one but I'm not sure about Allisport, Van Akken, JE etc.