Air suspension problem

bazza1982

OK I have done a bit of a dumb thing, I was changing the tyre on my Discovery 4 2011 model, and I jacked up the car in the wrong place, think it was on the air suspension cover, and it made a loud crack. I have put on a new tyre, but now the suspension on the side where I changed the tyre has dropped (left back). The vehicle drives fine, but makes a clicking sound for about 30-50 seconds after I start driving, and the same noise when the switch off the engine. Can anybody give advice what the problem is? What cost it may involve? The LR dealer by me has not got a good rep, so rather ask advice before taking it in for repairs.

Bazza,

You'll probably get a better answer on http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/

but I did a similar thing last year on a Range Rover Sport which is pretty much the same. I managed to deform the shield into the pump which resulted in lots of vibrations when the pump was running.

From memory the airlines looked quite exposed toward the back of the pump, so you may have been unlucky enough to squash or pierce the line.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Sound like u need a new compressor we (dealer) are now fitting the amk upgraded compressor

it comes as a kit with upper and lower covers all in the box think labour inc fitting and software update is 1 to 1.5 hrs