The all-new Range Rover Sport is pushed to new limits

The only reason I can see for not liking this is cause we can't afford or in some cases justify buying one of these awesome cars. Yes they have their faults but so does ever manufacturer.

And Forgive me but don't we all own a Land Rover based beast which is why we are on this site .

So what If the firm is doing some PR , see through it and enjoy the fact they spent loads of money on a flash video and more Chinese buy more Land rovers and the company stays in business so we can moan yet more about what they are doing next.

My reason for not liking it is that he's now posted 2 pointless "teaser" videos and nothing whatsoever of any actual interest. Perhaps next we'll get a preview of the teaser. I'd love pretty much anything from LR's current lineup, I'm already a heathen being on my 2nd Freelander and really loving them, in fact they're one of the best things LR have done since the 200TDi Disco and the original RR before that as being an awesome all-round vehicle.

Let's remember some actually good LR adverts - no sneak previews or teasers required:

;)

What do you think? ;)

....and thats sadly why I won't put my money into one........... whatever the foo foo shoo shoo 'arty farty' advertising tries, ..yes some will, and I wish them luck

but a manufactuer who comes last in relaiblity in the JD power survey for me needs to get a grip on sorting the major issues out, THEN I will buy one

and it doesn't need adverts either, reliability ..............sort it

And yes we are enthusiats, but these are older 4x4s in the main that WE can fix, hence why I have a 1985 V8 90, as a toy, but no way would I buy

a new RR or Sport or revolting posh spice drugs dealers wife "Thing" with the issues they all have............. sad, very sad, I just wish they would get a grip, I'd love a RR

and would buy one, ...........My mate did ....now .....everytime we meet tells me of the woes and failures and issues he has ongoingly

with the RR ....nd the dealership ....and how he rues the day he bought it, new discs, calipers (twice) gearbox, turbo hose, body off for all sorts of electrical faults, error codes when he wnats to use it, and so on .............it just has one thing after another, £70k !

Its still in warrnaty ...what about when that runs out ?...........

Nige

Lee,

Im going to vent a few things now! As many others have started to say and I have said on forums before, as long as land rover disassociates itself from the Defender line, it is completely out of touch with the real land rover owners who have helped in the past to provide the strong tough image that it seems to be riding at the moment to provide sales. The vast majority of the people on these forums really have no interest in models like the sport and evoque. I feel that if you continue on this line, alot of enthusiasts are simply going to loose interest with land rover and get something else. In the past with the simple discovery and defender line you had something that could easily be repaired and was reliable and adaptable. The current line up is fine if you want to continue on the short-term image concious buyer (mummy and drug dealers as someone has already commented on). This consumer will change and then what'll you do? This arrogance as I see it seems to be a charactoristic of large companies and could easily be ammended there-by putting you leagues ahead of the competiton.

The way I see it is, the rest of the trade world (business buyers) want a very simple robust powerful (im sorry 2.2 litres is a joke) vehicle that simply is not being provided. Rio tinto have stopped buying 70 series because of the crash rating (too low) so you have a opening there. If you were to take up where toyota is pulling out of with the 70 series with a adaptable powerful (with at least 150hp and 3.5 litres) and reliable vehicle you would end up with something that will sell itself in vast numbers...People will buy them. I dont understand the obsession with electronics apart from being a cheap way to get around emissions restrictions either.

Ohh and every driving challenge since the camel trophy has been a joke, Im sorry....

H

And yet,

If we were to all add up the amount of money one or two of us have spent on our land rovers over just one year, you will most likely come close. as was said land rover should treasure the more utility side of their family.

And yet,

If we were to all add up the amount of money one or two of us have spent on our land rovers over just one year, you will most likely come close. as was said land rover should treasure the more utility side of their family.

Yes but how much of the money spent goes to Land Rover, does everyone use only genuine parts?

Yes but how much of the money spent goes to Land Rover, does everyone use only genuine parts?

Well if you we were able to get them at reasonable prices without stupid dealer markup wouldnt you?

I am hearing a lot of negativity in this thread, people not agreeing with landrover's publicity campaigns etc. However, things have changed from the old days and you have to move on. The new range rover is not neccesarily my cup of tea, but for a lot of people, it is. As also mentioned before, for us to buy a used land rover, someone needs to buy it new first, and if that doesn't happen, our hobby is bound to end.

And the result of all the corporate stuff is this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22703105

Money talks, as they say, it is a british carmaker, employing thousands of british people that does incredibly well. Give them some credit methinks.

Daan

Ps., It surprises me this has to come from a Dutchman!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe one of the next challenges will be more up our street. But do you think that when the first few Range Rover classics rolled off the production line the first owners thought about offroading it let alone attacking it with with an angle grinder and tray backing it or turning it into a buggy. Times move on and maybe one day our kids kids will be hacking up one of these and doing a winch challenge.

• 4 weeks later...