Intermittent 3 Amigos problem

clive-240

Hi All

I have the pleasure of having the 3 amigos comming on on my 2001 TD5 Discovery had them on last year and the shuttle valve was changed they have not been on for a good 6 months until last week problem is they are not on all the time they can come on before I even pull off or they just come on when breaking or driving not had the fault code checked yet but have been told that there is an earth behind the dash that can cause this problem but done know where it is can anyone point me in the wright direction or help

Many thanks

Clive

Also worth checking the loom over the gearbox...

Friend recently had similar and when directed under the car he found a few wires worn through the loom. Accessed from inside with a little bit of effort. He soldered them back up, insulated, put some armour around the loom and fixed it firmly to the gearbox to avoid future rubbing.....

Have the same issue. Mine went on after hitting a speed bump were reset and the next time I went over the speed bumps same again. Have left it for now but I will check the dash and the gearbox. Need to take the dash out anyhow as my heater matrix is leaking. :mellow:

A shuttle valve on an ABS system? The callipers each have an independent line, and each has different pressure dependion on whether they're front or rear and grip/ABS activation, so there shouldn't be any shuttle valve.

• 4 weeks later...

well think I might have sorted it as per Wingnuts post back on the 6th July I too found the ABS mod on the Land Rover Club Forum so nothing to loose I did it yesterday and yes about 2 hours work and a bit of wire and I think problem is sorted went for a test drive last night and have done around 120 miles to day have hit the brakes hard a few times but no lights so if you have these 3 lights coming on at random it may well be a shuttle valve wiring problem well worth the time doing and a big thank you to Josh at the Land Rover Club for taking the time to do the pictures and the wright up.

Since I did my fix I've put a few hundred miles on the car, including a recce into Radnor Forest where I left the diff. lock disengaged on purpose to see what would happen. Everything behaved as it should so it has certainly worked for me.

Peter.

• 1 month later...