wiring plugs need identifying defender 200tdi

Latest questions I need a bit of help on isfor a 1993 defender 200tdi lwb:

A thin slate and red(S/r) wire on one half of a 10 way molded plug by the clutch master cylinder (the other side of this plug goes down to the chassis rail and to the rear lights)The other connecting half of this plug does not have a connector for the S/r wire. Anyone know what it could be for/where it goes ??

The S/r wire goes from the plug thru the middle of the Bulkhead gland then to a single idiot light next to the standard idiot lights ,then to what looks like a resistor and on to the brake check relay(number 87)where it is joined by another S/r wire which has another resistor (?) then thru the bulkhead to the low brake fluid resovoir cap .

The other wires I have problem identifying are on a 5 way molded plug (The other side of this plug has no connector on/or available) wire colours:

1)Purple/orange

2)White/yellow

3)Green

4)White

5)Black /purple

The other wires I have problem identifying are on a 4 way molded plug (The other side of this plug has no connector on/or available) wire colours:

1)White

2)White/black

3)Green

4) Brown /white

And lastly I have a connector plug lying down inside the wing by the brake servo which I cant figure out where it could go- its not the low brake fluid sensor as previously stated that’s already on the cap already

Any help in identifying the above please?

post-12769-0-02857100-1372102836_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-26116600-1372102847_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-37011300-1372102864_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-43213300-1372104169_thumb.jpg

post-12769-0-13925800-1372104180_thumb.jpg

Slate/red trace not shown on my Defender 1991 on wiring diagram, on a Td5 this is for ABS warning light.

1)Purple/orange = seat belt warning light [not fitted to UK vehicles]

2)White/yellow = parkbrake warning light/switch

3)Green = ignition controlled 12v feed

4)White = ignition controlled 12v feed

5)Black /purple = Purple/black trace is feed to horn from left hand column stalk.

1)White = as 4 above

2)White/black = oil pressure switch/warning light

3)Green = as 3 above

4) Brown /white = more likely Wite/brown trace, as 2 above & fuel isolation relay [not fitted to UK vehicles but maybe fitted to prevent relay location confusion]

the connector in wing, is most likely for the later dimdip system resistor unit, not used on your 200tdi.

• 5 years later...

Hi,

the empty SR one would be to connect your transmission temp sensor. The other side goes to the bottom middle warning light in the panel - or rather ends 'somewhere' before it reaches the bulb holder spades. Later harnesses (w/o the rubber plugs) hat this integrated into the engine harness.

Max