Why Can't It Be Simple???

fruity

Had to pull the LT77 out of the 100" the week before last as it was doing it's onwn perculiar impression of the Torrey Canyon. Internals were all in excellent condition (and there are lots of em :huh:) so I just replaced all of the gaskets and seals as per the Green Bible (thank you to Mr Broom of Honiton for the clever puller thingy doodad).

Put the box back in and TA DA - no more leaks.

Sadly, in traditional Landy style, 500 (trouble free) miles ish later, it decided that I should be able to move through the gears from a standstill, but once on the move it's hard, if not impossible to select any gear without it baulking (but not grinding :blink: ).

The problem get's worse the further you drive, cluch is working as it should but the B$*T£RD thing won't select gears unless I pull up, double de-clutch into neutral and start again.

Any ideas folks???

Had to pull the LT77 out of the 100" the week before last as it was doing it's onwn perculiar impression of the Torrey Canyon. Internals were all in excellent condition (and there are lots of em  :huh:) so I just replaced all of the gaskets and seals as per the Green Bible (thank you to Mr Broom of Honiton for the clever puller thingy doodad).

Put the box back in and TA DA - no more leaks.

Sadly, in traditional Landy style, 500 (trouble free) miles ish later, it decided that I should be able to move through the gears from a standstill, but once on the move it's hard, if not impossible to select any gear without it baulking (but not grinding  :blink: ).

The problem get's worse the further you drive, cluch is working as it should but the B$*T£RD thing won't select gears unless I pull up, double de-clutch into neutral and start again.

Any ideas folks???

"Any ideas folks??? "

Yup i have one................ The LT77 family of gearboxes are a pox upon the house of British mechanical design.............. :)

Fruity old chap... how the devil are you? !!

I've found that my 'box - even the Ashcrofts recon one - would baulk the same as yours if the fluid level was a little high. It would gradually get worse over time, almost to the stage where I couldn't get a gear. Change the fluid and it would be ok again.

What fluid are you using in it?

I started with LR gen part MTF 94, which I have to say I thought was C**p. I've now gone back to a decent semi-synth ATF and it's perfect.

Suggest you do the same and see how it goes - got to be worth a shot! :D

Cheers,

Matt