Td5 pressurising problem?

Hi I recently bought a td5 es discovery 2001, traveled south 217 miles to pick her up and was instantly happy it was immaculate! So did all the usual checkes and set on the way home.sat the 217 miles at 70/75mph with not a bother! Got home had a bru an set on my way to a mates! 10 miles is a water pipe burst,she DIDN'T get hot and was stopped instantly I replaced this but the system had started pressurising,so typical td5 I whipped off the head had it checked for crack's after £500 of genuine replacement gaskets seals water pump,rad,tank top,thermostat,it's still doing the same but DOESN'T get warm? The only weird thing is,if I take the bleed screw out of the top hose fill the exapantion tank with water as it bleeds obviously water fountains out of the hole,replace the lid and tighten the fountain stops and it's as if there is no water getting to the top hose? Slacken the lid the fountain begins again?? I have replaced the lid with a genuine landrover top and nothing changes? Any help would be ace as I am we'll and truly out of ideas?? Regards paul