td5 alarm KEEPS GOING OFF! I NEED SLEEP!

My 02 plate td5 car alarm is disrupting my well needed sleep! As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with it, not even a buzzy fly inside. Its not windy or rainy and nobody is trying to steal it! Anybody have any idea what can be wrong?

ahh the fun i had when mine was doing same :blink: drives you mad dont it!

after some fault chasing we replaced door pin switches on all doors - they were green and horrible including connectors to rear and my lil water leak was allowing the interior lights to get wet and corrode so they went in skip also.

covered all in white grease on re assembly and cured water leaks. peace and quiet restored.

In my opinion the OE alarm and immobiliser are worthless. You can disable both in under 2 minutes if you are trying to steal one.

You can unplug the "weeeeoooeeeeoooeee" sounder (great description by the way) which will stop that. The sounder is inside the near side wing behind the headlight.

If you find you have problems with the immobiliser too, you can disable it in software (you probably know someone with Namocom, RovaCom etc who will help).

I gave up chasing problems with corroded switches etc - got better things to do! I figure my truck is better protected now than it was by Land Rover, even with the alarm knobbled!

Si

Do you have central locking? Does it unlock when alarm sounds?

Any details

Yes it has central locking, and no it doesnt unlock when the alarm sounds.

Also noticed my front interior light is acting up, asin sometimes it doesn't work at all, not by opening a door nor by using the switch.

I've also found that if I give the drivers door a good slam shut, then lock it with the fob, it stays quiet. I know I have a corroded door courtesy light switch, and I'm presuming the actuator is going duff.

Defenders annoy me so so much, but literally can't bring myself to drive anything else.

Andy

Mine used to do this all the time and I never really found the cause however, at night, I always lock mine with the key and not the fob, I think this disables a internal sensor which was tripping the alarm, the rest of the alarm function still works.

I had a problem with my RRC, which had similar sensors. It was the volumetric sensor, inside the wedge shaped plastic fairing in the head lining. Once I replaced that, all was fine. The alarm worked with the sensor disconnected until I sourced the replacement - a broken window won't be detected, but any door opening or forced lock will set it off. could be worth a try as it takes moments and costs nothing...

thats a sickening thought. :(

It's been known to happen. Another trick they do if you park in a place which is too exposed for them, they to do petty things that make you think you are annoying someone with your parking so you park elsewhere .... then they take it. This happened to a friend of mine, every morning for a week he'd go out and find eggs broken on his car windscreen, so he parked in a different place and it was gone the next day.