Question for fabricators re alloy thickness

Does anyone with alloy fabbing experience know what thickness a Defender roof is?

I'm making some 'modifications' and am curious about the best material to use re strength/weight. I'm looking at either 1.5mm or 2mm alloy. Whichever is used it will be braced beneath with a 3 or 4mm ply lining and main cross members of 19mm alloy box and similar thickness/shape intermediate braces of structural timber, giving a 19mm gap for insulation. Below that another thin ply sheet as a final interior layer (to be lined with normal car trim material).

Vendor info states 1.5mm sheets (3m x 1.5m) are 18.5kg and 2mm sheets (3m x 1.5mm) are 24.5 kg. Obviously not a huge difference, only 5 kg or so, but in an attempt to keep weight to a minimum if I don't need 2mm I'll use the thinner stuff.

Any insight?

On my trailer project. I've used 3mm for the bit of floor we'll walk on. 2mm for the bed base we're sleeping on.

1mm for other places and 0.8 mm for the roof braced at 12" intervals.

Once in place with the Celotex between the sheets it strengthens up.

Unless you're going to be walking on the roof. I'd go 1mm as you've braced it well

As for the sizes thickness makes a BIG price difference.

IIRC 1mm is about 30 quid. 2mm about 40 quid or more.....

Thanks Mike. Yes it will be well braced beneath, and in addition will have external longitudinal box section (on the roof edges both sides) with cross pieces to form a structural roof rack so there's plenty of bracing and integrity. I wont be walking on the roof.