Supercharged 300TDi?

Timpo

Has any of you ever seen a supercharger fitted to a 300TDi. If so, did it retain the turbo running both so to maintain a constant induction pressure.

I am thinking of this mod to try as gear changes on long hills can have the engine dying as the turbo boost falls away.

I'm quite sure somebody has done it.

Timpo.

A little tweak on the fuel pump will fix the turbo dying away but it would be an interesting project :)

I suppose you would have to call it either an Sdi (just a SC), an STdi (supercharger before turbo) or a TSdi (the other way around)? :)

Not sure having STD in the name of an engine would be a great marketing point tho :unsure::lol:

• Haha 1

tweaking the fuelling as Steve said stops the boost falling away.

We have some pretty good climbs around here and turning the fuelling up and a 3" exhaust have me topping them 15-25km/h faster (depending on the hill )

re The Stig, anyone have any idea who it is ?

I'd heard the Stig was now various "Stigs" as have other people.....

Regards your comments re swimming V8's Timpo, apparently if you go fast enough you won't go under the water at all !!!

So probably just need a really big V8.... 7 - 10 litres should cover it...

(Didn't they take a skidoo and one of those mad Norwegian cars across water in Top Gear to prove the V8 was the kiddy for water habits?)

Regards your comments re swimming V8's Timpo, apparently if you go fast enough you won't go under the water at all !!!

Now your having a laugh....

I take it that you haven't done much fording in Wales.

I'm usually still crossing them whilst your watching Top Gear on a Sunday evening.

Enjoy.

Timpo.

(Didn't they take a skidoo and one of those mad Norwegian cars across water in Top Gear to prove the V8 was the kiddy for water habits?)

Yep. Big V8 and NOS probably about 1000hp and you really CAN walk on water :D

Icelandic not Norwegian - but in fact they do it all the time not just when Top Gear is looking. I've seen some mad video clips downloaded from the Web. Only thing is, when they sink, they sink quite quickly :o

Yep. Big V8 and NOS probably about 1000hp and you really CAN walk on water :D

Icelandic not Norwegian - but in fact they do it all the time not just when Top Gear is looking. I've seen some mad video clips downloaded from the Web. Only thing is, when they sink, they sink quite quickly :o

What?....

Big V8

1000hp

NOS

All downloaded from THE WEB!

Where have i been the last 20 years?

Top Gear? Yes, I must of smoked loads of it when I should of been in Iceland and not Norway.

Good grief, somebody help me please.

Timpo.

my biatch has got a 200tdi with a super charger bolted on to do away with all the lag of the turbo but hes from lancashire so what do you expect :blink: (cherry and cooking oil)

As you have aptly named yourself, a true Maverick.

I hope you go far in this world.

God bless.

Timpo.xxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 14 years later...