Wayfarer, Berwyn Mountains.

Timpo

Sunday afternoon gone, I took a drive over the Wayfarer on the Berwyn Mountains and at the visitors book found a sorry sight. The area was covered in vehicle damage. This is a pictureque drive and a good link to two areas of green lane routes, thus it would be an outcry if the access to this lane was lost.

It seems that as fast as some of us are putting in time and money into the repair and maintenance of our dwindling vehicle accessible routes, there is a band of idiots out to destroy them.

What I don't understand is that just a couple of miles from there are a handfull of UCR's that, shall I say, are a tad challenging, either by motorcycle or 4x4, and are totally overgrown. These lanes would benefit some usage if only to keep the two lining hedges from merging, yet nobody goes up them. Instead the Wayfarer gets battered.

Shame.

Timpo.

sorry to hear this - have you got any pictures of the damage? i am sure we would all like to see what has happened and see if we can name and shame.

Sorry Jim, I haven't.

Have you driven this route?

It is always featured in a tour of the area, in 4x4s or on trailbike, when I take out any group.

T.

Sorry Jim, I haven't.

Have you driven this route?

It is always featured in a tour of the area, in 4x4s or on trailbike, when I take out any group.

T.

I know that two peoples reg numbers were given to the police. But the mess at the top has been there for a while. I keep putting the blocks in the way. CRAG are trying to work with the land owner and the local council to get the hole filled in.

Paul

A small group of us saw some damage to an area near to a green lane in the Brecon Beacons over the weekend. We also saw what we believe to have been the culprits stopped for a cuppa right by their "handywork" but we did not see them actually doing the damage so there is not much we can do about it sadly. :( I would happily report someone I saw doing deliberate damage to a lane/it's surroundings.

Chris