Wolf soft top pvc canvas problem

HI all,

Another small hitch in my 110 soft top conversion story.

I originally had a 1988 110 three door van, which I have stripped down to the chassis and am now welding in new cross member, front and rear near side outriggers.

Once the welding is done, I will be rebuilding it as a king-cab ish with soft top and desert camo colours.

I have managed to get the soft top sticks, side roof panels and all fitments except the strip that goes over the windscreen to secure the front of the soft top canvas.

Thinking it would look good on my finished Landy, I bought a sand-coloured Wolf ECM PVC canvas from Withams. So far so good.

Next thing, I need to get the windscreen strip sorted out. There is one I have seen on Fleabay for about £70, but I understand this particular strip is for the later pvc type roof with a bead running through the front canvas seam. Since mine doesnt have any bead running through it, I am not sure whether to go ahead and get it and possibly waste £70, or try to find the older style strip with the lock levers fitted.

The instruction booklet that comes with the canvas shows a "Ground Plane" plate for antenna-mounting that looks like it sits between the windscreen, and the roll over bar fitted behind the driver. There is a velcro strip on the under surface of the canvas which is supposed to be secured to a corresponding velcro strip on the front edge of the ground plane.

So, all you Landy experts and Officianado's, HELP!!!!

Do I go for the bead type screen strip, the clamp on variety, or make up a replica ground plane plate and stick it to that??

Any advice gratefully received,

Eric