Genuine Spot Lamps

LR NUT

Afternoon chaps

I am strongly thinking about buying two sets of these lamps for the D2 and FL1. Fed up of cheaper lights letting in moisture which leads to the leneses rusting etc. Question is tho how good are they? It is really you pay for what you get? Been told that these were made by Warn for Land Rover. Can those who have the lights fitted take a snap and upload it showing the conditon of them? Notpost-15037-0-19693500-1374416488_thumb.jpgpost-15037-0-19693500-1374416488_thumb.jpg wanting to fork out this much of them if they are just cheap overpriced lamps.....

Much appreciated

Thanks

I've no experience of those, but the older Genuine spotlights were made by Hella and were pretty decent. My Hella Rallye 1000s (offered by LR at twice the price, so I bought the Hella branded version!) have been on the D2 for 11 years and are as good as the day I put them on.

I have Hella driving lamps, I don't like the narrow beam from spots, but other than the black plastic case at the rear has weathered a bit sun that good as the day I got my disco 14+ years ago.

post-5809-0-20570000-1374442634_thumb.jpg

That's the LR equivalent to mine, same light with mesh covers on instead of the white Hella covers.

Sorry, I was using "spot" and "driving" interchangeably, mine were what were sold as "driving lights", main thing is to make sure they aren't the foglight version as the beam pattern of those is totally wrong for a driving light.

That's right Mr BogMonster. Spots with the narrow beam but a longer range, Driving a wider beam and a bit shorter in range and Fog with the flat top beam and a very short range.

Just like the rally cars of the black & white days that had both spots and driving lamps side by side on their grills.. :)

Aux lamps are not seen now on vehicles in the UK, 90/110 + Def +D1s yes, D2s maybe and the rest of 4x4s around and non 4x4s NA...

The later ones have those poxy foam bull bars which are useless for spots. I know somebody here who put one on a D3 with spots and it broke in about 3 months, completely wrecked.

Steel bull bars all the way for me :)