RFC Portugal

TOR4x4

Well, I must say these lads and their landie made a huge success here in Portugal (I am portuguese). People till now overhere didn´t believe you could drive anything related with LandRover the way they did. Quite impressive!!

By the way, does anyone know the specs of this TomCat, namely what axles were they running!?

Cheers

More enjoyable that the Toyotas/Mog axled motors lost to Ady/Shaun

just think with those small 35s on little ole Rover Axles.

what ever next :)

Bluudy good videos shame more aren't available.

Theres more on the youtube but not from the tomcat :(

What is all the fuss about? Looks just like driving Strata Florida to me! :)

Ah, my coat, thanks. ;)

Chris

Chris have you ever tried running up strata florida being chased by a Mad (but not crazy) Englishman with nearly 300 horses under his right foot Believe me you are praying for the rocks to get big enough to stop him. :o

What you didn't see is that after the video clip finished and I was putting the strap around a rock to pull the car forward Adrian pulled a fish out of the car and the crowd gave an almighty roar I looked around to see what was going on and fell into the river again to great delight of the crowd. I spoke to Adrian today and he said they found another fish this morning under the drivers seat.

Thanks to everyone for all the congrats and to D-90 you say we were a success with the Portuguese I would like to tell you that the Portuguese are a real success with us. We were unsure at first how we would get on but the competitors and spectators were very welcoming, friendly and very helpful

The event was brilliant and I would advise anyone who wishes to do an event allong the lines of the RFC to enter RFCPortugal It has transport stages, bridge building, team spirit stages and it's alot cheaper.

We will definatley be back to enter other events in Portugal

There will be an officiall dvd out soon plus you can view photos at the following link http://maxtt17.photosite.com/Album2/?page=17

Latest news I heard is that they split the gearbox open landing on a rock leaving the final section :(

actually ripped the handbrake assembly off the back of the transfer box with the front wheels allready over the final finish line just had to winch the back wheels over to get a time. Not the quickest time of the field but there were some DNF's so a time is better than a DNF, and when it was so close every point counts.

actually ripped the handbrake assembly off the back of the transfer box with the front wheels allready over the final finish line just had to winch the back wheels over to get a time. Not the quickest time of the field but there were some DNF's so a time is better than a DNF, and when it was so close every point counts.

Ah well, that's not so bad then.

Ashcroft Shafts all round, Ashcroft CV's, ARB's, Standard rebuilt 4 speed auto, new (was) transfer box, HD props, all the same stuff as anyone can buy off the shelf, nothing extra special in there.

I was seriously impressed with the front axle myself as it spent 3 days with the ARB locked up unable to release, had to wheel spin to steer on tarmac.

Ashcroft Shafts all round, Ashcroft CV's, ARB's, Standard rebuilt 4 speed auto, new (was) transfer box, HD props, all the same stuff as anyone can buy off the shelf, nothing extra special in there.

I was seriously impressed with the front axle myself as it spent 3 days with the ARB locked up unable to release, had to wheel spin to steer on tarmac.

Plastic cage break up? I've been tempted to have a steel cage machined up however, I'm worried it'll be gears that'll break instead :(

This plastic cage breaking thing.......????

The way i see it is how can it break..????

I strongly beleive that they are damaged during manufacture.....

But how do you prove that :(

Anyone who's stripped an ARB will understand what i'm about. It doies not twist or move etc....

So why break..?

Hence my previous statement

Jim :)

I'll remember that if you bring them back under warranty !!!!!

I have seen a couple of the plastic cages break, if this one has the same problem I will look into making steel ones as it is obviously a weak point,

not sure exactly why they break, I will have a closer look when this one is stripped and let you know what I find,

I have seen a couple of the plastic cages break, if this one has the same problem I will look into making steel ones as it is obviously a weak point,

not sure exactly why they break, I will have a closer look when this one is stripped and let you know what I find,

Dave,

I would be interested in steel cage too, I've had a plassy one break up too

I have heard that there is a steel cage in another ARB ? wonder if a mix n match is possible ?

Nige

I'll remember that if you bring them back under warranty !!!!!

Was just doing a bit of product testing in the field, didn't fancy stripping diff in the middle of nowhere with only a swiss army knife and a head torch, besides made for interested steering on the high speed mountain sections with only a small drop off the side. :)

MAn i'm from Portugal to and i see the unespected :o

You ruled all the RFC with you tomcat

Realy realy great.

see this videos

Hope u enjoy :)

What are u using in the STD rover axles? Maxidrives? ARB? Ascrofth? Man u must tell me your secret :)

1161074482fsn5.jpg

Hope u enjoy

Thanks for all

Miranda

I´m from Portugal as well, and really everybody is complettly amazed with your Tom Cat... We already know the axles, but what about the springs and the shocks???

Check this out:

http://www.patrolaventura.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3659

http://eventos3d.com/landcruiser/index.php...p;topic=1177.15

Regards

José Amorim

What is all the fuss about? Looks just like driving Strata Florida to me! :)

Ah, my coat, thanks. ;)

Chris

I hope Adrian and the co-pilote (i'm sorry, but i don't remember the name) enjoyed the RFC PORTUGAL, and most of all, i like to think they liked my country. We did our best to make them fill confortable, and i thing we were sucessfull. The organization was not the best, but the participants and the competition (most of all, the team spirit) were quite nice. Good SS and greats views. We have 3 or 4 competitions like this, and we will try to make them better and well know, so that you can visit us again.

Hope to see you around

Filipe Santos

Portugal

Estradareal@sapo.pt

post-2052-1161853975_thumb.jpg

You all made Shaun and myself feel very welcome. You have a great country and even greater people which made a really good event. We are both looking forward to a return trip.

Adrian

p.s. is that your car under water in the other post?

you'd never see me doing anything like that :D