Flexible non fibreglass guard extentions (flairs) for 4door RRC ?

We use either plastic garden edging you get from any garden center or conveyor belt and tek screw it up into the guard lip

You can get rubber flair strips with steel backing plates that you screw on with self tapping screws but they are expensive

"You can get rubber flair strips with steel backing plates that you screw on with self tapping screws"

That's what I've had for 20 years and they have really taken the hits. If they are made of the same rubber stuff they are a good investment.

I can't find a place to buy them looking on the net just now?

Thanks for the replies. I have done the conveyor belt thing on my series, but I think that style of coverage will be outlawed here soon because at any speed it presents effectively a sharp edge that would cut a pedestrian in half. Will have a look at Jeep Wrangler flairs to see if I can adapt them.

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking to fit flairs on my Rangy too, the link here takes you to exacetely what I am looking for.....but......has anybody fitted this to a Range Rover Classic and DO you have to cut the fenders, I dont want to cut the fenders at all, and the thin glassfibre ones do not look good enough for me.

Thanx for any feedback in advance.

• 8 months later...

Sorry I missed this Bish, Thank you. In my idle moments I'm trying to work out how to discretely fit the portal axles from Wildfing my old Series onto my 4 door Rangey without greatly increasing the vehicle's height when used on public roads. My Rangey sits quite low on it's suspension and 30" tyres, so the extra 4 3/4" of the portals should give a height profile similar to a standard vehicle with a suspension lift of around 2-3". The tentative plan for serious offroad work is to fit 6" hydraulic rams over the coil springs so that I can adjust the suspension height sufficiently to fit my 36" Q78 TSL tyres.