Noise from front drivers side wheel

Like a squeaking metal on metal sound coming from front wheel

Sometimes If I let off the accelerator the car wonders right because I'm assuming the wheel has stopped turning the same speed as the other side! What could this be we can't see my visible faults

Jack the front wheel up and see if there is any movement side to side or up and down.Spin it when jacked up and let us know what you hear.

Is there any way to tell without a jack I'm out at the moment I think the drive shaft came away from the wheel but it intermittently goes in and out

When you were driving it did you have to press the brake pedal down more than once to get good brakes? if so I'd be inclined to look at the wheel bearings, the only way you'll know which corner it is to jack the wheels up and do as Eightpot directed you to do

John

When you were driving it did you have to press the brake pedal down more than once to get good brakes? if so I'd be inclined to look at the wheel bearings, the only way you'll know which corner it is to jack the wheels up and do as Eightpot directed you to do

John

Not to sure about the brakes I just corrected the steering and continued on and it sorted itself out but kept on squeaking and rubbing! Will take it home now and have a look! Any other possibilities?

That would be my only suggestion- I do remember being dragged for a better word across to the hard shoulder on the M4 one evening when I had a wheel bearing sieze on me a few years ago

Are you able to sort it out on your own or do you have someone with experience of land rovers and If not put your location up and someone maybe able to give you a hand

John

That would be my only suggestion- I do remember being dragged for a better word across to the hard shoulder on the M4 one evening when I had a wheel bearing sieze on me a few years ago

Are you able to sort it out on your own or do you have someone with experience of land rovers and If not put your location up and someone maybe able to give you a hand

John

Right the wheel is off what do I do next

Right the wheel is off what do I do next

null_zpse720e0c9.jpg

Found this when taking off the wheel and drive shaft the wheel bearing looks to have collapsed anyone know the part number or where I can get one today at this time

wheel bearings are Timken part LM603049/LM603011 = LR part RTC3429 -- http://www.brit-car.co.uk/search.php?xSearch=RTC3429

Thanks mate anybody be able to talk me through it step my step! New to landrovers and don't really have a clue but if there is anyone willing to talk me through or is already a thread I'd be grateful of the help

Cheers

I have spare bearings and seals if you are near Chorley. There is a thread in the technical archive on changing them. If you think the wheelbearing has collapsed don't move it.

Cheers mate I'm on the Wirral near liverpool

Ordered some from eBay using the part number given above luckily I won't need the car much in the next week fallen quite lucky

Will have a look for the thread in the tech archive an will post if I get stuck!

Cheers

null_zpse720e0c9.jpg

Found this when taking off the wheel and drive shaft the wheel bearing looks to have collapsed anyone know the part number or where I can get one today at this time

To look at the picture-It looks as though the two lock nuts have wound themselves right out, make sure you use quality bearings, as been suggested Timken-make sure you replace both of them too and with a brand new locking tab washer, Otherwise you'll be doing the job again before too long

John

In this pic, I see signs of rust in areas which should not normally ever be exposed to wetness - in particular, inside the bore of the stub-axle tube.

Have you been wading? Reason I ponder is that if you have been getting wet to the point where water gets into the hub bearing and the inner of the stub-axle tube you could also have water inside the swivel-ball in which case your constant-velocity joint will have a vastly shortened life.

In this pic, I see signs of rust in areas which should not normally ever be exposed to wetness - in particular, inside the bore of the stub-axle tube.

Have you been wading? Reason I ponder is that if you have been getting wet to the point where water gets into the hub bearing and the inner of the stub-axle tube you could also have water inside the swivel-ball in which case your constant-velocity joint will have a vastly shortened life.

I have yes only twice but as it knackered so much I've cut that out from now on! Handbrake went and everything! I've only ordered the one front bearing would you recommend doing both?